Has anyone actually had a christmas cake that's...

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, Nov 29, 7:08pm
Did you make the 4 ingredient cake!

smileeah, Dec 2, 8:54am
This thread is from last year but I had used the Alison Holst pineapple cake recipe. There was no mould problem, it turned out very nice indeed.

Actually I made a couple of these cakes and one of them was tucked away in the back of the cupboard and I plain forgot all about it until around April when I cleared out the container cupboard. I found the cake still wrapped in newspaper in the tupperware container and I can tell you it was not mouldy at all. It was, in fact, the most delicious fruit cake I have ever tried let alone baked. I can highy recommend forgetting about your fruit cake for a good 6 months! :)

cgvl, Dec 2, 7:10pm
a good alcoholic fruit cake will store for years if properly cooked and correctly wrapped, without freezing. I still have a piece of my wedding cake in a tin in my pantry, its now 6 or 7 years old and nothing wrong with it. still have a small piece every now and then. We are not big fruit cake eaters hence why I still have some.
I wrap in greaseproof paper, then brown paper or clean newsprint then several layers of newspaper and store in a cool dark place. In the fridge will dry them out as I found to my disappointment, haven't tried the freezer so can't comment