Small xmas for four what can you suggest

amanda_simonp, Nov 28, 7:12am
x1
that I make - just want it low key this year as it is just going to be us as we would have just moved into our new house - but also want to have the treat as well.Any help please.Thank you.

kiwibubbles, Nov 28, 7:17am
x1
well whats yourfavourite foods? the family's favourite foods i should say?

seniorbones, Nov 28, 7:53am
x1
When its been just hubby and me I have done a nice champagne brunch like eggs benedict, or crossants, strawberries and then had a late lunch or early dinner with baked ham new potatoes and nice fresh beans and peas with a nice sauce which is made from orange and cant remember what its called...cook essentials will know? and make a small trifle or pav or even buy the small xmas puds, I hate to say I have even bought custard and added a dollop of brandy once it was heated so it is like brandy custard!

seniorbones, Nov 28, 7:53am
x1
just remembered its cumberland sauce..lovely with ham

bigboy01, Nov 28, 8:03am
x1
Why not start with your 4's favourite dish (everyone pick one) and add from there.Could really be fun.

asue, Nov 28, 8:35am
x1
I've had xmas dinner before for only 3 of us. Entree - either soup readymade or seafood. Main - I just got sliced ham and pork from the deli at the supermarket the night before. Heated on the day and cooked turkey roll with roast veg, baby peas and new potatoes.Small xmas pud, meringues and fruit salad/strawberries with cream, Mints and cheese and crackers.Everything on a small scale but enough for leftovers. Super easy.

kiwigoldie, Nov 28, 9:05am
x1
we had 6 last year and i did a small entree of tuna steaks with a peppercorn crust...and baked glazed ham and vege platter and fresh berries, cream and gourmet icecream for dessert....very easy, hassle free and delicicious....

patsprat, Sep 12, 11:15pm
x1
We have just 7 this year (which is small for us!) and that includes a visitor from Germany who hasn't been to NZ before, so we'll have an entree of chilli lime prawns from the bbq followed by roast turkey (gotta have that!) with a platter of roast vegetables and salad and then a home made pavlova with strawberries and kiwifruit.I'm hoping that the weather will be warm enough to have this outside in the gazebo with fairy lights around so the whole thing will be a really different Christmas experience for our guest.And not too fiddly for the cook. If anyone has any other suggestions love to hear them!