Looking for a dairy free truffle recipe..

jodyw1, Nov 26, 2:39am
Does anyone have one that they use all the time and know is nice :-)I found one on the internet...but thought id ask in here too.

carlos57, Nov 27, 11:48pm
Here's a rich chocolate truffle recipe that I made last year. I can't remember whether I used butter or dairyfree tablespread. I have two lactose intolerant children who can tolerate some butter, so not sure whether I bothered to substitute. Might be worth a try. Melt together 4oz butter and 6oz dark chocolate (I use Whittakers). Stir in 1 cup icing sugar, and then add 1/2 tsp of your choice of essence and another cup of icing sugar. Roll into balls and coat with chocolate hail before setting in fridge. Hope that's some help :)

buzzy110, Sep 11, 6:18pm
Don't know where you live but if you live in Ak you can go to either Huckleberry Farms or their other branch in Westmere or Ceres and get hold of some real cocoa butter that you could use instead of dairy products. It is rather expensive but totally worth it if you have dairy intolerance.

If you live elsewhere you will have to search around for an Organic/Health Food shop - by that I mean one that sells food, rather than food just food supplements, pills and potions.

I actually make lots of things now using this product and wouldn't be without and I make my own recipes up or adapt traditional recipes. If you can get your hands on some creamed coconut (not coconut cream/milk) This goes lovely in truffles.

Also you could use coconut oil (extra virgin, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil) instead of butter. It has the same properties as butter when it comes to cooking.