Help - BBQ tonight - Pudding ideas

h2gobaby, Nov 25, 11:58pm
Ok so i am attending a bbq tonight, and have been informed i need to bring some sort of pudding, any ideas?
Cant be something to hard lol, but has to taste good!
Thanks

omokoroa1, Nov 26, 12:02am
hmmmm ok how cheap skate do u want to be because im thinking something cheap and easyand prob u will have most in ur cupboard

omokoroa1, Nov 26, 12:09am
make pancakes maybe 6 to 8 cook and cool whip some cream layer the pancakes with what ever u have be it jam,fresh fruit,tinned fruit and a wipped cream.........leave some cream to cover and if yah got it a little grated choc over it...........would be filling not too sweet .........

h2gobaby, Nov 26, 12:50am
Ok, so i just got told they want something chocolate, so maybe a big bowl of chocl8 mousse, and maybe a chocl8 spomge/cake bought from supermarket? with some cream on top? or not bother with the cream and just leave it plain?

alebix, Nov 26, 1:23am
Ambrosia

Eton mess

Meringues, chopped fruit and whipped cream

fresh fruit salad.

cheesecake

trifle

dbab, Nov 26, 3:13am
Make a fresh fruit platter and make some chocolate dipping sauce.

coniproducts, Nov 26, 3:33am
I got a recipe off here last year and it is divine.Hardly any effort and looks a million dollars.Large glass bowl, lined with broken up choc sponge or choc roll.Get a large jar of cherries (Delmaine are great for this)Sprinkle a bit of the juice over the cake (or if adults only a bid of liquer) then add the drained cherries. Beat up a large container of Tararua Choc mousse until fluffy, spoon over the cherries and then put a layer of cream over all that.Decorate with choc flake, crumbled.

gdath2, Nov 26, 3:41am
Hi,
Something easy that does not cost too much.

Packet of ginger nut biscuits, Whipped cream, choc,or cocoa to sprinkle over, & either port ,or rum.
1st..spread loads of whipped cream on a plate.
2nd..dip gingernuts in either the port/rum.
3rd..line the gingernuts,after removal from th port/rum on the bed of whipped cream,in the shape of the packet...once all biscuits done..cover all over with whipped cream..then sprinkle either choc(flake bar) or cocoa over.
4..place in fridge until serving.....p.s. People may not want to drive after eating....(may not see straight).

cookessentials, Nov 26, 3:42am
Here are some of the answers off your other thread you started earlier today.

Ok so i am attending a bbq tonight, and have been informed i need to bring some sort of pudding, any ideas?
Cant be something to hard lol, but has to taste good!
Thanks

Quoteh2gobaby (55 )12:57 pm, Fri 26 Nov #1
strawberry and marshmallow skewers :)

Quotelizab (131 )1:45 pm, Fri 26 Nov #2
QUICK TRIFLE

1 HALF OF A DOUBLE SPONGE
4 TBSP CRAIGS RASPBERRY JAM
1/2 CUP SWEET SHERRY
410G WATTIES FRUIT SALAD, WELL DRAINED
300ML BOTTLE OF CREAM
600ML CARTON VANILLA CUSTARD
1/4 CUP GRATED CHOCOLATE

SPREAD SPONGE WITH JAM AND PLACE IN THE BASE AND SIDES OF A LARGE SERVING BOWL.

POUR OVER SHERRY.

SPREAD WELL DRAINED FRUIT SALAD ON TOP

WHIP CREAM TO STIFF AND STIR HALF WITH THE CUSTARD AND SPREAD CUSTARD MIX ON TOP OF FRUIT.

SPREAD REMAINING WHIPPED CREAM ON TOP OF CUSTARF AND REFRIDGERATE FOR ONE HOUR BEFORE SERVING. DECORATE WITH GRATED CHOCOLATE WHEN SERVING

Quotetipsy_bl0nde (10 )2:01 pm, Fri 26 Nov #3
This is my black forest trifle from another thread.

Probably my Black Forest Trifle with choc sponge roll, frozen boysenberries and or raspberries,chocolate mousse,cream and grated chocolate. I usually use the canned cherries,but the boysenberries give it a more tangy flavour. I always use a glass bowl so that you see all the layers. I often put it in a large wide hurricane lamp which looks fabulous. Slice the choc Swiss roll and place on base and sides of bowl. I sprinkle with kirsch or brandy ( you dont have to use the alcohol) Either make a rich choc mousse or use a couple of pottles of the Tararua choc mousse. Place berries in,making sure youu get them in the gaps up the side of the bowl. Add well whipped mousse and place in fridge to set. Whip cream and top,then add grated choc over the cream close to serving. This is always better the next day as it gives time for everything to soak in - OR make early in the day for serving later in the evening.

liamjosh, Sep 6, 2:19pm
I second ambrosia

1 bottle of whipped cream, 1 large tub of flavoured yogurt - mix together gently.Fold in marshmallows, choc chips or buttons and chill.You can add variations of whatever you've got, I've been know to add a can of berries or cut up pineapple lumps to mine.So easy and so yummy and we always have these things in cupboard in case of emergency dessert.