Annabel Langbein's Cranberry and pistachio slice

valtrin, Nov 22, 3:14am
recipe - do you need roasted, unsalted pistachios or fresh pistachios? I am supposed to be buying some for my daughter to make this after work but I don't have the recipe book here at work and have forgotten what she asked me to get! She is not availabel to check with either. Thanks

rainrain1, Nov 22, 3:32am
Shelled, unsalted

245sam, Nov 22, 3:34am
x1
valtrin, is the recipe in Annabel's latest book?With a quick look I can't see it but there is a recipe for Pistachio and Berry Icecream - is that the recipe you're meaning? :-))

dorothy_vdh, Nov 22, 4:18am
x1
245sam, would you mind having a look and posting the recipe for the chocolate, nutand something else(which I can't remember) bar. She made it a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get the recipe.
It was so simple and looked divine.
thanks in advance

245sam, Nov 22, 4:39am
dorothy_vdh, are you meaning Espresso Hazelnut Ripple?If so the recipe can be viewed at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/free-range-cook/espresso-hazelnut-ripple-3875397

rainrain1, Nov 22, 4:46am
I think she means chocolate and cranberry slice

245sam, Nov 22, 5:02am
rainrain1, IMO you're quite correct re the query from poster #1 (valtrin) - that was the the slice that Annabel made in Episode 5; however my above posting relates to the request from poster #4 (dorothy_vdh) - the Espresso Hazelnut Ripple was an after dinner treat that was featured as part of Episode 10.:-))

rainrain1, Nov 22, 5:09am
Yea OK :-)

petal1955, Nov 22, 5:25am
x1
Chocolate & Cranberry Slice (Annabel Langbein)

Gently melt 350g dark eating chocolate – use the best quality you can for the very best flavour – over a double boiler, or just a heatproof bowl sitting over a pot containing a little boiling water.

While the chocolate is melting, line a small loaf tin with baking paper so the slice will be really easy to get out.

The trick to melting chocolate is not to overheat it. Once the chocolate starts to melt, the heat that is generated carries on heating the rest of the chocolate, so keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted.

Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and mix in 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, stirring until it is evenly combined. Then add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 3/4 cup of shelled pistachio, 1 cup of dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of icing sugar. Mix well.

The mixture will start to set very quickly but don’t worry about that. Just mould it with your hands as it is really malleable, and press firmly into the prepared lined tin. It takes just 30 minutes to set in the refrigerator.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 22, 6:25pm
245sam,thank you so much, that is exactly the recipe I was looking for.
I'm going to attempt it for Christmas

chrisynz, Aug 26, 6:45pm
my friend made it with white chocolate which i tried yesterday, it was so yummy