How long to cook chicken casserole?

kebe, Nov 22, 1:43am
I'm making chicken casserole tonight, with boneless chicken thighs - how long to cook it in the oven?

The recipe I've got is for the crockpot (6-8hrs on low), so I have no idea how long to cook it in the oven.Was thinking an hour and a half at 180?

cookessentials, Nov 22, 2:06am
Because you have thighs with no bones, it will cook relatively quickly. I think 180 may be a little too high, if you want them to be nice and tender. I would just perhaps start at about that and reduce the heat to say 160-170 for the remainder of the cooking time.

grandma, Nov 22, 3:32am
Can you share the recipe for us crock-pot users please kebe?

kebe, Nov 22, 6:00am
Grandma, I found it in Parenting.Here it is....

BARBECUE CHICKEN for CROCKPOT

1 chicken cut up or quartered or use 4 breasts or use 8 drums
1 can condensed tomato soup
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup vinegar
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sweet basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
Cover tightly and cook at "low" for 6-8 hours. Makes 4 servings.

I made it tonight, but cooked it in the oven, and used boneless chicken thighs instead.It was really yummy!

I ended up cooking it for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees and it was great.Chicken was tender and not overcooked.

grandma, Nov 22, 6:59am
Many thanks kebe - guess what we will be having for tea tomorrow night!

grandma, Nov 25, 8:10am
Many thanks for sharing your recipe kebe - it was so easy to cook in the crockpot and went down a treat, with compliments all round.

kebe, Sep 5, 10:40am
Glad you liked it!My 6yr old daughter, who rarely eats meat (even chicken), and who I usually have to bribe to eat even a teaspoonful, actually ate a whole thigh!I will definitely be making it again.