Annabel Langbein's Strawberry Cloud Cake-Delicious

Page 2 / 3
geldof, Nov 28, 12:35am
Kind of half way between both descriptions.but then it is frozen.

tigra, Nov 28, 12:40am
I liked the look of her Chocolate Ganache but I think it should have some liqueur in it as well ...maybe a little Kahlua?

rema, Nov 28, 12:49am
Hi - do you have the sauce recipe also, that all looks delicious

wildflower, Nov 28, 2:25am
Might try that, if we get enough ripe strawberries all at one time, looked very nice last night.

pam.delilah, Nov 28, 2:33am
here it is

Berry Syrup
Into a saucepan place
3 cups fresh raspberries,
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons water.
Give it an occasionally stir and bring it all to a simmer.
Then take it off the heat and put it through a mouli to remove the pips, or if you don’t have a mouli, press it through a sieve.

rema, Nov 28, 3:25am
Many thanks - have made the dessert - now will make the sauce

sylvia1, Nov 28, 3:37pm
You serve it straight away as it is a frozen dessert. Do not thaw

kulkkulbelle, Nov 28, 5:47pm
I'm thinking of doing this for Xmas day

rema, Nov 28, 7:49pm
Sylvia1 - thanks for that - I made it yesterday, took it out of the freezeer, but by the the time we came it eat it - it had gone very runny - will remember that it is a frozen dessert in future

_serendipity_, Nov 28, 7:59pm
That's how I got my copy - bargain! - I'm sure they made a mistake with the points as it retails at $59.99.

hyborn, Nov 29, 7:08pm
do you know weight of strawberries if you used the frozen berries? looked so yummy

poohbearfan3, Nov 29, 8:22pm
I made this last night, it makes a heap!Looks very nice though.I think it's quite sweet, next time I wouldn't put in as much sugar.

alimick, Nov 29, 8:58pm
*runs off to see how many flybuys points she has*

alimick, Nov 29, 9:07pm
OH COOL Thank you people!!!I had 287 points, just enough for my new book. Exciting!

bev00, Dec 22, 10:25am
Someone in anotherthread suggested using raspberries, rose water and increasing lemon jce to 2 Tbsp

standard, Dec 24, 8:44am
How would you add the gelatine please eljayv, dissolved in hot water!

roger56, Dec 29, 12:54am
Made this for my Mums b'day yesterday and didn't come out too well.Used a 27cm tin and the filling wasn't very high.Also froze for 6 hours and was not set when it came out.I put sugar, egg whites in with strawberries and beat.Maybe you need to beat egg whites first then add sugar.Anyone got any ideas as I would like to make again.Thanks.

gardie, Dec 29, 8:36am
roger - just shove everything in the bowl and beat it very well - electric mixer like a kenwood.23cm tin means it will be about 3-4 inches high.

roger56, Dec 30, 6:06am
Thanks gardie.Will try the smaller tin and maybe not a hand mixer next time.

eljayv, Jan 3, 3:48am
x2
sylvia1 I made it recently and have been wondering about adding a little gelatine to the mix to keep it a little firmer if left out of freezer for a short time.Should work don't you think? I add it when making lemon meringue pie - helps make clean slices.

rosie, Jan 15, 8:48pm
Just tried to make it with raspberries. It doesn't work. I had to add two more egg whites and it still didn't get firm like using strawberries. I poured it into the spring foam tin and doubt very much it will be frozen enough to serve by 3pm today, if ever. So stick to the strawberries. Have made this twice now and if the strawberries aren't brilliantly flavoured it makes a huge difference. I defrosted this when serving it on New Year's Eve, wish she had said in her book "serve straight from the freezer", "do not defrost". Superb recipe though, superb.

marg, Jan 20, 7:54pm
Can you do this in a blender?

guest, Oct 28, 10:51am
I used frozen strawberries as I find they are a lot cheaper to buy. Worked out perfectly!

tortenz, Nov 20, 12:30am
What was the texture of the filling like!Looks interesting :)

fifie, Nov 20, 12:37am
MMmm sounds lovely, thanks for sharing love her recipes, book is on my wish list for xmas lol.