Homemade peanut butter

denzie, Feb 28, 4:14am
Anyone out there made this successfully? ? A recipe would be appreciated. Thanks

campmum, Feb 28, 5:53am
2 recipes for you...
PEANUT BUTTER
I have been making this for years Just wanted to say that I have been making my own peanut butter for years. Very, very delicious. A 400g pkt of peanuts probably makes around 2 cups of peanut butter. I tend to rest the food processor motor intermittently when grinding the peanuts, so it does not have to work too hard. It is worth noting also: The oil begins to release itself just when you think it’s never going to happen. Be assured, it will happen! posted by rebecca18

Peanut Butter
Place 3 cups of peanuts (with or without skins) into an oven dish or microwave dish. Toast, stirring often, until the peanuts are only just beginning to change colour. Leave till completely cold. Place 2 cups of the peanuts in a food processor and whizz until a smooth paste has formed. Add the remaining 1 cup of peanuts, and pulse to chop the nuts just a little for super-crunchy peanut butter, a little more for crunchy, or till smooth for smooth peanut butter. Taste - add salt to taste if you need to, or enjoy your own peanut butter just as it is. . posted by juliewn

lizab, Feb 28, 6:33am
they used to whizz up peanut butter to order in our Bin Inn years ago before they sold up - it was great. They just poured it into a machine and collected the peanut butter into a container. Don't know if they still do it in Bin Inns today?