Kumara,avocado & walnut salad

donna23, Nov 17, 2:13am
A colleague had a recipe for the above at work,I didn't copy it down because I could remember how to make it!! Yeah right!! Does anyone have this recipe, the dressing was store brought mayo with goodies added to it, much appreciated.

nzhel, Nov 17, 3:32am
This recipe was on here recently - sorry I can't remember who posted it. It doesn't have avocado in it but I'd imagine you could put it in.

Kumara Salad
2 large Kumara
3 spring onions chopped
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon curry powder
salt
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Cook Kumara in boiling salted water until just tender, then drain and leave to cool. Cut into 2.5cm cubes.
Combine kumara and spring onions in a serving bowl.
In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and salt to taste. Pour over kumara and toss to coat. Garnish with walnuts.
I haven't tried it yet but have it 'earmarked' for over the summer!

packergirl, Nov 17, 5:44am
theres another salad just like the one above but had avocado yum

ducky12, Nov 27, 2:16am
1kg of kumara
3 avocados
1 cup of red onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups of walnuts
peel and cut the kumara into chunks. place into saucepan with boiling salted waterand cook until just soft. strain off water and spread the kumara onto tray to cool. oncecold place into mixing bowl.
peel and stone avocados cut them onto 1.5cm dice and add to bowl.
add onion and roughly chopped walnuts add mayonnaise then slowly and gently fold together to avoid mushing the avocados
keep salad in the fridge until ready to serve
serve this salad in a bowl or platter lined with lettuce leaves
for garnish scatter some chives, crispy bacon or walnuts halves on top of the salad

ducky12, Sep 9, 4:40pm
x1
this was on the chrisco calendar i got looks yum