Qiuck easy moist chocolate muffins

mana-shyla, Nov 17, 1:33am
Anyone got a really nice chocolate muffin recipe?

cookessentials, Nov 17, 1:38am
yes, it is out of the "Good Spread" cookbook from the country Womans League. I have the book at home though. I will check to make sure I have not posted tghe recipe on here first.

cookessentials, Nov 17, 1:39am
x1
I thought I had posted it before! It is from the "Test Kitchen" thread.

cookessentials (1114 )9:53 am, Mon 6 Sep #31
Test Recipe For Today was:
Chocolate Muffins from the "A Good Spread" Cookbook. Amazingly quick and easy to make and they come from the Owaka Branch,South Otago.

1cup sugar ( I used caster)
1egg
1/2 cup blue top milk
125g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt
1 tso baking soda
1 heaped tsp baking powder
2 heaped tbsp cocoa ( I used Dutch cocoa - "Blooker")
1/3 cup boiling water.
Put,sugar,egg,milk,butter,vani-
-
lla and salt into a bowl. Add sifted flour,soda,baking powder,baking soda and cocoa. Lastly add boiling water. Beat with electric beaters for 4 minutes. Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 180C for twenty minuted.

Now, I trialed the new Infinite Circulon muffin tins as I wanted to be sure that they do what the manufacturer says they do and they certainly DO and I must say, I am thrilled with them, You do NOT spray them or grease them in any way. The muffins cooked beautifully and i let them sit about 5 mins and turned the tin over and they all just fell out onto the cooling rack - MOST impressive.
The muffins...beautiful. Nice and choclatey, very light and moist.

mana-shyla, Nov 17, 1:50am
Thankyou so much i will give them a try

scooby614, Nov 17, 6:41am
ohhh....how much flour please? Got everything else ready....lol

scooby614, Nov 17, 6:50am
bump....

dezzie, Nov 17, 8:15am
its 1 and a half cups of flour

four.mcs, Nov 18, 6:54am
Roughly how many does this recipe make?

cookessentials, Nov 18, 7:05am
I get one dozen good sized ones. Sorry I misssed out the flour amount, thanks for putting it up dezzie.

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 18, 7:19am
This is one i use for all my muffins.
you dont need to add the 2 tbsp cocoa if you want plain muffins (i like to add chocolate chips)

Muffin Mix

1 1/2 Cups sr flour
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of butter (150g)
3 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cocoa

Mix together and bake at 160-170 degrees

dezzie, Nov 18, 7:28am
lol its fine cookessentials, altho I must admit if you hadn't said what thread it had been in, it would have been a daunting prospect finding it.

cookessentials, Nov 18, 7:37am
Did I just miss copy and pasting it?
I thought I had left it out of the original post!

dezzie, Aug 16, 10:43am
lol yes it wasn't in the original post of the recipe either, but someone had asked you in there, and you had said.
I remembered in my dark dim recesses of my brain something like it happening before and you saying, thats why I went to look.
The daunting prospect would have been just searching your name, as you post so often, thats why it was good you had put that it was in the test kitchen thread, from there, it was easy to find.