Cake Decorating Supplies in Wellington?

Page 1 / 2
annie.nz, Nov 16, 2:32am
Does anyone know of a cake decorating supplies shop in Wellington/Hutt area?I'm after things like fondant, gel colouring, small cachous and general decorative rubbish for a child's birthday cake.I've got icing bags and decorative tips.

There's stuff on TM, but I'd like to go and have a look if I can.
Thanks!

mandie5, Nov 16, 2:38am
there is one in the hutt,i think its in the plaza off high street,i cant remember the name of it though and was only there last week lol

annie.nz, Nov 16, 2:43am
Thanks mandie, I might scoot out there tomorrow - I take it you mean down the little Queens arcade place?(Think that's what was called when we lived in LH)

annie.nz, Nov 16, 2:45am
Though I think I'm being seduced by Kiwicakes website - though they say they take up to 3 days to post, which isn't good.

eastie3, Nov 16, 3:09am
Doesn't Spotlight have some of the things you want ?

PS I'm asking the question not stating a fact. Others will know.

chicco2, Nov 16, 3:28am
Some supermarkets have an impressive range of sprinkles, fondant etc. No gel colours tho. Spotlight do stock some pre coloured fondant and heaps of other cake decorating supplies. Kiwicakes is on my Favourites list. Good luck finding what you need.

cookessentials, Nov 16, 3:29am

cookessentials, Nov 16, 3:33am
http://www.starlinedistributors.co.nz/
28 Jessie St Wellington 6011
04-385 7424

kiwibubbles, Nov 16, 4:00am
that cake place in Lower Hutt plaza is still there? i coulda swore it close as i couldn't find it! lol
yes spotlight have heaps of stuff, and also that shop in Johnsonville Mall, opposite Trends gift shop has heaps of cake decorating stuff too
the other option is that place in Marion Street... just tryinhg to think of the name of the place.................

kiwibubbles, Nov 16, 4:00am
but that Johsonville one definitely has heaps - even I was impressed

annie.nz, Nov 16, 4:45am
Awesome! Thanks everyone who replied - I hadn't thought of Spotlight, and I'll be in Jville tomorrow morning, so will stop off in the mall and have a look there.
Thanks soooo much for all your help!

sandra25, Nov 16, 10:03am
Golding Handcrafts is the place in Marion St (across the road from the Post Office) - they are really good. Cake tins to hire, gel colourings etc.

duckmoon, Nov 16, 10:15am
I purchase that stuff from Goldings - Marion Street;
see post #12

kiwibubbles, Nov 16, 9:17pm
yep thats it - Goldings

annie.nz, Nov 17, 12:21am
I got fondant at Spotlight and gel colour in Johnsonville Mall - but I still need a few things, so will go in to Goldings tomorrow am.
Thanks again everyone for the info!

kiwibubbles, Nov 17, 5:32am
did you find your stuff?

annie.nz, Nov 17, 7:47am
I got colouring from the place in jville mall then fondant from spotlight.Then I decided that since I'm running out of time, I'd get the rest from kiwicakes, and hope it arrives by Wednesday!Also they were the only place I could find that had Crisco, and 2mm silver ball things, which I think would look cool topping the piped knobs on the dinosaur.
Thanks guys, the help here has been fabulous.

annie.nz, Nov 17, 8:59am
I didn't get in to look at Goldings, but I will check it out next time I'm down that end of town, will be good to know what they've got for next time.

annie.nz, Nov 18, 8:44pm
Quick update - Kiwicakes sent the stuff I ordered really quickly - I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon, and it arrived Friday morning at about 9am.Really pleased with the service.

kiwibubbles, Nov 19, 12:56am
annie - on your travels did you come across any cachous? went to Johnsonville this morning as I though that shop had a really good range of different coloured and sized cachous but they don't anymore! :( the supermarket only has the one standard size

thejewellerybox, Nov 19, 2:19am
THe home store on lambton quay had a nice range ofcachous and decorating sprinkles. They had wilton fondant cuttersas well.

pecka, Nov 19, 2:25am
kiwicakes are awesome. Sandra really goes out of her way to make sure that you receive your stuff quickly if she knows that you have a deadline.

annie.nz, Nov 19, 2:56am
Kiwibubbles - supermarket and spotlight, though the ones at Spotlight were a bit dull.
I got some 2mm ones from Kiwicakes, and they are pretty good, but still not quite as sparkly as the ones from the supermarket.I noted some on the big international auction website though, but don't know what they're like, uk site better than the usa one.
I had some really neat ones I bought in Japan years ago, very pretty, but they've finally run out.
I didn't try the home store, goldings or the place in LH though.

annie.nz, Nov 19, 2:57am
Thanks pecka, I'll cruise past next time I'm in town.I don't go into central Wellington much any more, the parking charges are a bit too brutal for a prolonged look around - I tend to go to Queensgate or Porirua.

kiwibubbles, Nov 19, 4:11am
cool will check out the home store next week then - need it for my christmas cake :)