Mediterranean recipes please.

empire54, Nov 15, 3:12am
Apparantly the mediterranean diet is the healthiest in the world, but I cant seem to find any good recipes. I did find a cook book today but it was $80 which I don't want to spend incase my family wont eat this style of food. So I am hoping to start a thread with anyone who would like to start eating mediterranean style. Please add your recipes.

davidt4, Nov 15, 3:16am
Here is a link to get you started.If you google "Mediterranean diet" you will get hundreds of links.

http://www.mediterranean-food-recipes.com/

sossie1, Nov 15, 3:17am
don't buy recipe books any more- i use the net for all recipes

julie55, Nov 15, 3:40am
I have been on a Med regime for over seven years. Its so easy. Think pasta, tomatoes, zucchinis, olives, capers and fresh fruit. Lots of fresh veges. The Northern med that gets a winter think osso bucco and polenta, the south and coast think seafood, salads, olive oil. Great breads, cheeses and snacks such as tapenades. Go for a wander to your local Euro importer warehouse (if you have one) and just drool. One book I do suggest you may like to borrow from the library is by Claudia Roden - she produced a claasic Med cookbook that is a classic. The net is great for this.

empire54, Nov 15, 9:37am
I love that the food is so simple and un-processed. Julie55 do you have kids that eat this style? What is your favourite dish/recipe? I will have a look for that book :-)

annable, Oct 27, 5:54pm
* 3 cups of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
* 1/2 cup of finely chopped mint
* 4 or 5 finely chopped spring onions ( with the green parts )
* 4 tomatoes medium size chopped into small cubes
* 100g of fine burghul
* 1/2 cup lemon juice
* 4 tbs olive oil
* Salt and Pepper

Soak the burghul in cold water for 1/2 an hour then drain.[squeezing as much moistureout in hands as possible }
spread out wheat and pat dry as possible... Mix all the ingredients together, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve onlettuce leaves .