Chocolate ice cream sundaes

militaris, Nov 14, 6:54am
x1
Whats the best method to melt chocolate to pour over ice cream to create a Sundae?

Melting chocolate is not difficult, but my goal is to achieve a hard chocolate crust. My experiments have always resulted in tasty failures where the chocolate mostly flow to the bottom of the bowl.

So any tips, tricks and hints?

I refuse to use liquid chocolate from a bottle so that is not a option.

rosathemad, Nov 14, 7:21am
x1
Perhaps let the chocolate cool a little before pouring? Melted chocolate does stay liquid for quite a while, and perhaps it's too hot for the ice-cream to cool fully.

robyn35, Nov 14, 7:47am
x1
add a little kremelta to the chocolate when you melt it, that will make it like the chocolate that dairys use for dipping there icecreams.dont make the chocolate too hot and it will set on contact with the cold icecream

militaris, Nov 15, 3:18am
x1
Thanks Have tried cooling it, helped slightly but not ideal. Would give Kremelta a try.

seniorbones, Nov 15, 3:53am
x1
Kremelta will only make it runnier...I would leave to cool it should thicken as it cools so that longer you can leave it the thicker it should get before going back to solid

pam.delilah, Nov 15, 4:45am
x1
past posting

Choc Sauce that sets hard on ice cream

1/2 C icing sugar
3 T cocoa
125 gm Kremelta
1 t vanilla

Sift icing sugar and cocoa into small bowl.
Melt Kremelta ove low heat, gradually stir into icing sugar until smooth.
Add vanilla.
coating can be used immediately.
Leftovers stored in fridge- to melt again, put container in boiling water.

militaris, Aug 6, 5:42pm
x1
Would try that recipe sometime Pam.

Tonight I experimented with adding butter, the results looked good, the chocolate harden into a nice shell.Think I used to much butter so created a caramel topping with a background taste of chocolate. Nice but a bit sickly.Going to try butter again but use a lot less this time.