White chocolate mudcake recipe anyone?

Page 1 / 2
trader125, Nov 12, 8:08am
hi does anyone have a white choc mudcake recipe ? i really want to make one withraspberrys for my daugters birthday on tuesday ,or something not chocolate ?? thanks

chicco2, Nov 12, 9:03am
WHITE CHOC MUD CAKE
180g white eating chocolate, chopped
350g unsalted butter, chopped
2⅔ cups (590g) castor sugar
1½ cups (375ml) milk
2 cups (300g) plain flour
⅔ cup (100g) self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
¾ cup (180ml) cream
540g white eating chocolate
Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced)
Grease a 22cm round deep pan, line the base and side with baking paper.
Combine the butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over a low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into the pan and bake for about 1hour 45min.
Meanwhile bring the cream to the boil in a medium saucepan, remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable. Spread the ganache over the cake.
I guess you could stir VERY well drained frozen Raspberries through before baking. Goodluck.

tortenz, Nov 12, 9:39pm
Here's my white chocolate mud cake recipe... it is my favourite cake!I also sell it, so it's a tried and true recipe.

elliehen, Nov 13, 4:54am
tortenz, pretty please??

gardie, Nov 13, 5:29am
Please.

motgirl, Nov 13, 6:00am
This is a tried and true favourite of ours from Taste Magazine.
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20390/citrus+mud+cakecake
Variations include:
leave out the citrus for plain white chocolate mudcake
replace 1/2 cup of the milk with Baileys (yum)
You can swirl some frozen raspberries through the batter-just toss them in a little flour first- stops them sinking.
You can also make a puree, 1 box (10 oz ) frozen raspberries, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cornflour, 1/2 cup water.
Put all in saucepan, bring to boil then simmer for about 5 mins. Strain to remove pips.Leave to cool, will thicken up slightly.
Don't be rough when you swirl it or you will loose the definition and end up with pink batter!

motgirl, Nov 13, 6:02am
Another one for you:

Planet Cake White Chocolate MudcakePreparation Time: 15 minutes

Size: 8 inch round cake
Total cooking Time: 1 hour 50 minutes approximate
Makes: 1

INGREDIENTS equal best results at room temperature

250g unsalted butter
250g white chocolate couverture
220ml water
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon sea salt, finely crushed

METHOD

1. Preheat fan forced oven at 160c. Place butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat stirring until melted, turn off heat and add chocolate stir until even and well combined.
2. Sift flours together into a bowl add sugar and salt mix till even and make a well in the center.
3. Pour into the center chocolate mixture, vanilla and eggs. With a wooden spoon blend until even and well combined.
4. Pour into greased and lined with baking paper 8 inch round cake tin.
5. Bake at 160c for 1 hour and 50 minutes or until cakes is golden on top and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cake rack in the tin before removing from tin. Store in air tight container.

margyr, Nov 13, 6:12am
from an old thread. Here's mine, it's delicious! http://tortenz.wordpress.com/2010/10/02/chocolate-mud-cake/
Quote tortenz (83 )10:42 am, Tue 2 Nov #4

trader125, Nov 13, 7:43am
Thanks so much everyone , will make a nice change

elliehen, Nov 13, 9:25am
This recipe will make a 20cm cake, but won’t be particularly high (about 5cm).It seems to cook better if it’s made like that, so if you want a tall cake, make 2 and stack them.If you want to make cupcakes, it makes about 20.

300g white chocolate (I used Whittakers White Chocolate)
200g butter
1 cup milk
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour

Ganache:

200g white chocolate
90g sour cream (a little over 1/3 Cup)

Preheat oven to 160C (less if fan forced) and line a 20cm cake tin.

1.Place chocolate, butter, milk andsugar in a pot and melt over a low heat, stirring frequently.Allow to cool for about 10mins.

2.Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla.

3.Sift flour and add into the chocolate mixture.You can add it a little at a time to prevent lumps, but I just chuck it all in together without any problem.

Cook for about 1 hour 15 mins for the 20cm cake.I think the cupcakes took about 20mins.

To ice: (you can’t leave out this part!)

Melt chocolate over a low heat (or use a microwave if you prefer).When it’s melted, stir in sour cream.

When I made the cake in the photo, I had to make about double the ganache to cover the cake completely.As the ganache is pale and cake goes brown on the outside, it needs a thick coating so the cake doesn’t show through.The ganache amount given is fine to pour on top and let dribble over the sides.

I have also made a caramel version, replacing the sugar with brown sugar, and a small squirt of golden syrup.Secretly, it wasn’t as good!

Share this:

From margyr's link to tortenz :)

tortenz, Nov 13, 10:00am
Thanks elliehen... obviously 'copy and paste' isn't where my talent lies!

Here's the link anywhere, so you can see a pic... not my most favourite decorated cake, but the deliciousness makes up for it

http://tortenz.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/white-chocolate-mud-cake/

(nearly forgot to paste it again!!)

trader125, Nov 12, 8:08am
hi does anyone have a white choc mudcake recipe ! i really want to make one withraspberrys for my daugters birthday on tuesday ,or something not chocolate ! thanks

tortenz, Nov 12, 9:39pm
Here's my white chocolate mud cake recipe. it is my favourite cake!I also sell it, so it's a tried and true recipe.

elliehen, Nov 13, 4:54am
tortenz, pretty please!

motgirl, Nov 13, 6:00am
This is a tried and true favourite of ours from Taste Magazine.
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20390/citrus+mud+cakecake
Variations include:
leave out the citrus for plain white chocolate mudcake
replace 1/2 cup of the milk with Baileys (yum)
You can swirl some frozen raspberries through the batter-just toss them in a little flour first- stops them sinking.
You can also make a puree, 1 box (10 oz ) frozen raspberries, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cornflour, 1/2 cup water.
Put all in saucepan, bring to boil then simmer for about 5 mins. Strain to remove pips.Leave to cool, will thicken up slightly.
Don't be rough when you swirl it or you will loose the definition and end up with pink batter!

margyr, Nov 13, 6:12am
from an old thread. Here's mine, it's delicious! http://tortenz.wordpress.com/2010/10/02/chocolate-mud-cake/
Quote tortenz (83 )10:42 am, Tue 2 Nov #4

elliehen, Nov 13, 9:25am
This recipe will make a 20cm cake, but won’t be particularly high (about 5cm).It seems to cook better if it’s made like that, so if you want a tall cake, make 2 and stack them.If you want to make cupcakes, it makes about 20.

300g white chocolate (I used Whittakers White Chocolate)
200g butter
1 cup milk
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour

Ganache:

200g white chocolate
90g sour cream (a little over 1/3 Cup)

Preheat oven to 160C (less if fan forced) and line a 20cm cake tin.

1.Place chocolate, butter, milk andsugar in a pot and melt over a low heat, stirring frequently.Allow to cool for about 10mins.

2.Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla.

3.Sift flour and add into the chocolate mixture.You can add it a little at a time to prevent lumps, but I just chuck it all in together without any problem.

Cook for about 1 hour 15 mins for the 20cm cake.I think the cupcakes took about 20mins.

To ice: (you can’t leave out this part!)

Melt chocolate over a low heat (or use a microwave if you prefer).When it’s melted, stir in sour cream.

When I made the cake in the photo, I had to make about double the ganache to cover the cake completely.As the ganache is pale and cake goes brown on the outside, it needs a thick coating so the cake doesn’t show through.The ganache amount given is fine to pour on top and let dribble over the sides.

I have also made a caramel version, replacing the sugar with brown sugar, and a small squirt of golden syrup.Secretly, it wasn’t as good!

Share this:

From margyr's link to tortenz :)

tortenz, Nov 13, 10:00am
Thanks elliehen. obviously 'copy and paste' isn't where my talent lies!

Here's the link anywhere, so you can see a pic. not my most favourite decorated cake, but the deliciousness makes up for it

http://tortenz.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/white-chocolate-mud-cake/

(nearly forgot to paste it again!)

bev00, Nov 13, 10:04am
^^ fab cooking blog .ta :)

scout_6001, Nov 13, 9:13pm
That looks great chicco, how did you do the white chocolate around the edge! Do you cut it before it is quite set!

chicco2, Nov 14, 9:33am
Hi scout_6001. I cut a strip of baking paper the desired height, lay i on the bench and pour a thin layer of melted choc on it then spread it. Wait a few mins then pour over a second thicker layer. wait til nearly set then cut into slabs lift, then cut the top angle shape. Messy but fun and a great look.

scout_6001, Nov 14, 6:17pm
Thanks chicco, I am going to make it for Christmas lunch, thanks for the idea and the recipe.

bev00, Nov 14, 9:58am
chocolate mud cake is a keeper .

sarahb5, Nov 15, 4:11am
I made this one for my daughter's 18th and it was very successful:

250g butter,chopped
150g white cooking chocolate chopped
440g caster sugar
250ml plain flour
75g self-rasing flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs,beaten lightly
250ml milk
White chocolate ganache
125ml cream
300g white cooking chocolate chopped

Preheat oven to moderately slow.Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; lin base and side with baking paper.
Combin butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in medium sascepan;using wooden spoon, stit over low heat,without boiling,until smooth.Transfer mixture to large bowl; cool 15 minutes.
Whisk in flours then essence and egg;pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake in moderately slow oven 1 hour. Cover pan loosely with foil; bake about 1 hour.Discard foil, stand cake in pan 10 miutes then turn onto wire rack; turn top- side up to cool.
Place cake on serving plaste, spread all over with white chocolate ganache.
White chocolate ganache Bring cream to a boil in small sucepan; pour ovre chocolate in small bowl, stir with wooden spoon until chocolate melts.Cover bowl; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until ganache is of a spreadable consistency.

freds69, Nov 16, 12:06am
sarahb5 do you bake your cake for 1 hr in total or 1hr, then put foil over top and bake for another 1hr. Thanks