Strawberry sauce recipe pls

watertank1, Nov 11, 11:38pm
I have got soooo many strawberries can any one suggest a strawberry sauce recipe that is kid friendly, and will keep in the fridge for a week or 2? i would want to use it in muffins on ice cream etc.
TIA

noonesgirl, Nov 11, 11:51pm
Off Gogle. More there.

Ingredients:
•1 package (16 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed (the kind with juice)
•2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preparation:
In a medium saucepan, combine juice from strawberries and cornstarch. Cook over, medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Cook 2 minutes longer. Add strawberries and heat to serving temperature. Do not overcook the strawberries.
Serve as a dessert sauce for pound cake, bread pudding, pancakes, angel food cake or ice cream.

watertank1, Nov 12, 12:03am
Thanks i have googled and i have got a few, but i like knowing that people have actually tried and tested them:-)

geldof, Nov 12, 1:19am
I made some the other day,just blitzed them in food processor with juice of an orange and a tiny bit of sugar.left it a bit lumpy.had it over waffles and icecream.froze the leftovers for smoothies

iriegirl, Nov 12, 2:35am
Thought this could be an idea? It's really yummy!
Strawberry and Star Anise Sorbet
Ingredients
115 g (4 oz/1/2 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
3 star anise
750 g (1 lb 10 oz) strawberries
3 tablespoons lime juice
Method
Put 250 ml (1 cup) of water,the sugar and star anise in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely. Discard the star anise.
Hull and purée the strawberries. Combine the purée, lime juice, and cold sugar syrup in a bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the sorbet is just firm. Spoon into a container and freeze until ready to serve.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Just put it in the freezer for 30-40 minutes, then break it up with a whizz beater. And repeat these two steps until it is the desired texture. Also makes a delicious topping sauce when thawed.

watertank1, Jul 29, 1:44am
YUM iriegirl!! I think i might be trying that too!!