Super easy cupcake recipie

summahbaby, Nov 11, 5:52pm
Im making cupcakes as my daughters bday cake, anyone got a nice recipie for those little paper cases?

rosathemad, Nov 11, 6:24pm
A normal cake recipe will do, just cook for less time - what flavour do you want?

summahbaby, Nov 11, 6:31pm
umm vanilla?

summahbaby, Nov 11, 6:32pm
Im soo not a baker lol was thinkin of getiing boxes of the cupcake mix from the supermarket!!

redrose, Nov 11, 7:09pm
Ultra Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients:
Makes about 12 -
100 gms unsalted butter
120 gms self raising flour
2 tbsp corn flour
110 gms caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
3 small eggs or 2 large eggs
1 tsp good quality vanilla
extract
Method:
Preheat oven to 150C Fan or 160C otherwise.
Ensure that the butter is very soft. You can either leave the butter out of the fridge overnight, or
zap it 20 seconds at a time in a microwave. The butter should be as soft as possible without
melting. Put all measured ingredients in a kitchen mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix
until light and fluffy. If you do not have a kitchen mixer, put all measured ingredients in a large
bowl and mix with a wooden spoon, briskly, until your arms ache. Around one minute. Yep, no
"fold in flour" or "cream butter and sugar" or any other such nonsense. If you are an aspiring
kitchen mixer owner, and lets face it, we have all been there, then use a hand held mixer. What
you DON'T want is to mix it for more than a minute or so. Then you will be in trouble and there will
be a slight risk of the cupcakes baking into tough little rebels. The consistency of the mixture
should be a bit like heavy custard and it should plop nicely from a spoon. This mixture is enough
for about 12 cupcakes, depending on the size of your cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners between ½
and ¾ the way up. Fill ½ way up to get an even flat shape, fill ¾ way up to get a nice dome shape.
Use a muffin pan, otherwise the liners spread into ghastly shapes.
Bake for 20 minutes in the middle of the oven, but check after 15 by inserting a little cocktail stick.
If there is anything stuck to the stick, then bake for the full 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the
pan for around 5 minutes and then take them out carefully and allow to cool outside the pan. Let
11 cupcakes cool completely before icing.

sharee9, Nov 11, 7:16pm
Nigella Lawsons fairy cakes are pretty fail safe...

buckyboy, Nov 11, 7:25pm
Love the .....let 11 cupcakes cool ...... I presume the 12th was eaten before iced?

sue1955, Jul 29, 11:45am
Buy the Edmonds 'Dreamy Vanilla Cupcakes' one. I made them last weekend & thought they were great. The patty cases & the icing (you have to add the butter) comes in the box. I bought some edible Christmas Decorations off here (see #330700798) & am going to do the cupcakes with these on top for Christmas.