Chocolate mousse for inbetween layers of choc cake

jklm, Nov 11, 7:31am
x1
Hi everyone, I am after a chocolate mousse receipe that I normally put between layers of my decadent chocolate cake but I can't find the receipe, I know it only has cream and melted chocolate in it but I don't know quantities.....Any help please, it is actually the receipe that was in a Foodtown magazine a few Valentines ago called decadent chocolate cake....Thanks.

winnie231, Nov 11, 7:59am
x1
Gary made this tonight on Australian Masterchef masterclass ... sounds like just what you need!

Chocolate Ganache

400g dark chocolate
300ml thickened cream
30g butter, at room temperature

shave chocolate into a bowl, add butter and set aside. Bring cream to the boil then pour over chocolate mixture. Mix well until combined. Refrigerate until set.

jklm, Nov 11, 8:19am
x1
Sounds yum, but its not the ganache that I need just the mousse filing for in between layers...thanks anyway.

lynja, Nov 11, 8:20am
x1
i have used packet mousse made with slightly less than the one cup of milk usually used. works well

jklm, Jul 28, 12:06am
x1
Aha found it, if anyone is interested - 1/4 cup cream, 100gms dark choc (chopped up), 1/2 cup extra cream whipped.
Place 1/4 cup cream and choc in sauce pan. Melt over low heat. Stir until smooth - COOL. Fold in extra cream, cover and chill for 30 minutes.

Thanks for those that offered help!!