Couscous anyone cook this and if so what to do

shellz596, Nov 9, 9:40pm
with it as I bought some hoping to make some, and is it healthy???thanks for your help.

purplegoanna, Nov 9, 9:54pm
Couscous granules are made by rolling and shaping moistened semolina wheat and then coating them with finely ground wheat flour. Couscous is traditionally served under a meat or vegetable stew. It can also be eaten alone, flavored or plain, warm or cold (e.g., mixed with Tabbouleh), or as a side dish.
its nice even hubby eats it, i make a salad with it, i soak it in a chicken stock then flake thru diced red onion, capsicum, tomatos and garlic and diced chicken with plenty of chopped chives and salt & pepper...

shellz596, Nov 9, 10:18pm
WOO purplegoanna, thanks for all that wonderfullinfimation and recipe, will give this a go, it sound nice, and what eles is there to do with it, im not much and an explorer with new food, thanks.

purplegoanna, Nov 9, 10:21pm
ive only JUST intorduced to mrpg's 'meat & 3 vege' diet! i have to sneak these things in, I like its quickness to make, theres heaps of recipes online...im going to try it as stuffing next time i do a roast....

dragonzflame, Nov 9, 10:49pm
Yummy couscous salad: soak your couscous in vegetable stock, lemon juice and mustard mixed together (an equal quantity of iquid to couscous), and add cooked peas, mint, and crumbled feta. Couscous salads are really good to do for barbecues because you can put pretty much anything into them and they're super-quick and easy to make.

elliehen, Nov 10, 10:18am
It's also delicious with dried fruit and spices - a sweet version.

chooky, Nov 10, 10:24am
I cooked the chicken flavoured one and add chopped dried apricots, spring onions and whole or sliced almonds.Yummy.

ferita, Nov 10, 5:19pm
I mix dried apricots and saltanas through it when it is dry then I put some in a bowl and soak it with boiling water then I add soya milk and eat it for breakfast.

It makes a great breakfast cereal especially on cold days as an alternative to porridge. It is very similar to Sanitarium Granola (which you can only get in Australia)
http://www.healthyfoodforlife.com.au/sanitarium-granola.p317.html

chell15, Nov 11, 9:59pm
It is easy to cook with using stock or watery fruit juice. I do have a few recipes but need to go and look for them. Healthy recipes like adding madarines, currants and peas and tomatoes with a citrus dressing. Or the lazy, can not be bother cooking is cooked couscous, cooked mixed veges, herb type dressing and or add herbs. Its all about colour

samboy, Nov 12, 3:13am
I mix cucumber and sundried tomatoes and feta through for a yummy salad.

paulasillars, Jul 29, 12:17pm
we are having it as our dinner tonight - 1/2 cup couscous add 1/2 cup hot water then let it sit to soak.Add diced tomato, cold cooked spud, diced hardboiled eggs, fresh herbs (we are using homegrown dill), lightly cooked vege such as brocolli, broad beans (homegrown) and zucchini.A sprinkle of cashew nuts and balsamic dressing and thats dinner "cooked". You could add anything to it...