Master chef toffee apple balls

jentee3, Nov 6, 7:50pm
Has anyone got the recipe for the little toffee apple balls that were made on Australian master chef several weeks ago? The toffee has glucose in it. I wrote it down but have lost it. Would like to try them for Christmas.

sumstyle, Nov 6, 9:20pm
Toffee apples
350g caster sugar
50g water
35g liquid glucose
2 granny smith apples, peeled

To make the toffee apples, scoop balls from the apples with a 2cm melon-baller and place in a small bowl of water until needed. Place the sugar and the water into a heavy-based saucepan and heat gently over medium heat. Use a pastry brush dipped in a bowl of water to brush around the sides of the saucepan, to wash down any crystals on the side of the saucepan. Once the syrup is boiling add the glucose (use wet clean fingers to scoop glucose out of the container) and continue cooking to 165 degrees C. Remove from the heat and transfer to a cool, clean pan and allow to cool slightly.Pat apple balls dry with paper towel or a clean tea towel. Using a cocktail stick, dip each apple ball into the syrup and hold upside down to form a thread. When the thread has stiffened break it off so it is about a 6 -10cm long and sits upright. Remove from the cocktail stick, sit on its base and repeat with remaining apple and toffee.

sumstyle, Nov 6, 9:22pm
I looked on the website for you, in case you were trying to avoid seeing who won, so I hope this is the right method.

Thanks to a spoil sport in General, I already know who wins so it is safe for me to look!

jentee3, Jul 18, 6:17pm
Thanks for that, it is just what I wanted. I did go on the website but could not find it, only like you I now know who won.