Kumera salad / Edmonds recipe

ova50, Nov 4, 9:26am
Could anyone give me the recipe for kumera salad out of the Edmonds cookbook. I know that some of the ingredients are mayo,spring onions/ sour cream and of course the kumeras. But don't know the amounts. Any help will be extremely helpful as i have misplaced my book and don't really want to spend another $30 to purchase another, because as sure as eggs turn to custard my one will turn up. Will look in this forum tomorrow. Cheers

petal1955, Nov 5, 9:18pm
Not the Edmonds one.but nice all the same

KUMERA SALAD

3 medium kumara
4 spring onions
2 bananas or 1 cup dates
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespn toasted sesame seeds/spring onion threads

Peel Kumera
Cut into pieces & cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Dont over cook as they tend to go squashy.
Drain & leave to cool.
Slice spring onions on the diagonal into 1cm pieces.
Peel bananas & cut into 5cm slices.Place in a bowl.Pour lemon juice over bananas if using & mix to coat.
When kumara is cold cut into cubes.Mix kumara,spring onions & bananas/dates together.
Mix sour cream,mayonnaise,curry powder,salt & black pepper together.Carefully mix through kumara mixture.Place in a serving bowl & garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion threads

shelley39, Nov 5, 10:58pm
I cant find my book but think it was sour cream and mayo (same amount) and curry powder, kumera, spring onions,

ova50, Nov 6, 1:18am
Thanks Petal I will sure give that a try.

ova50, Nov 6, 1:19am
Thanks Shelly I think you are right.

veejay13, Nov 6, 2:06am
x2
2 large kumarahalf teaspoon curry powder
3 spring onions choppedsalt
quarter cup mayonnaise1 tablesp. chopped walnuts
quarter cup sour cream

Cook kumara in boiling salted water until just tender.Drain and leave to cool.Cut into 2.5cm. cubes.Combine kumara and spring onions in a serving bowl.In another bowl, combine Mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and salt to taste.

Pour this over kumara.Toss to coat.Garnish with walnuts.
Serves 4.

Is this the one you'relooking for?It came out of my Edmonds book printed 2005....although by now you've probably found your own book lol.

veejay13, Nov 6, 2:15am
Sorry, the ingredients all ran together when I posted the message - hopeyou can work out where the commas should be in each line.

ova50, Nov 6, 5:03am
Thanks veejay, no I havn't found it yet but I have a strong suspicion hubby may have inadvertantly thrown it in to the recyclables. And you probably have guessed he hasn't owned up. lol Cheers

n.mohi, Dec 9, 2:16am
YUMMY!!! Love this easy to make salad, Kumaras my fav!!!