Nice potato recipes for a BBQ meal?

nickbeam, Nov 1, 1:54am
I can do a normal potato salad, and potatoes wrapped in tin foil with garlic and butter on the BBQ, but wondering if you have any other ideas for me to make?

twindizzy, Nov 1, 2:07am
Hasslebacks

cookessentials, Nov 1, 2:28am
We have a great "Potatoes" thread which I shall bump up for you.

valentino, Nov 1, 5:54am
Also a "BBQ recipes... including" thread that has the odd one or two plus.... may also be worth a read....

jag5, Nov 1, 6:35am
My most favourite potatoes to go with BBQ, salad, crumbed schnitzel, chicken etc etc

Dice potatoes (new are best) into even sized pieces, cook until just done, add butter and chopped chives.Just love them.

molly37, Nov 1, 6:39am
Layer sliced unpeeled potatoes, chopped garlic and cheese. Pour cream over approx 1/4 depth of dish. Bake till golden.

sossie1, Nov 1, 6:43am
You can also mix the garlic salt and pepper with sour cream and dot it over each layer

smileeah, Nov 1, 8:13am
Halve cooked (baked, boiled or microwaved) potatoes so they sit nicely on a tray flat side up. Spread top with a 50/50 mixture of sour cream and cream cheese then sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 180c for 20 min or until cheese melted and beginning to brown. Oh don't forget to salt and pepper as well. These are yummy as and disappear very quickly.

greerg, Nov 1, 7:28pm
New potatoes are in now and we love them boiled till just tender, placed in a flat dish, sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with hetbs of choice and some cheese if like then grilled until browned and crunchy on top.

babyluthi, Nov 1, 7:45pm
Slice potatoes, pile them onto a large piece of tinfoil then drizzle with oil or you can use butter.Slice onions thinly spread on top drizzle again. Add seasonings of your choice if you like those.Wrap into tinfoil throw on BBQ, we use the top shelf.Very nice!

cookessentials, Nov 1, 8:54pm
Did you check the potato thread? there are a couple of nice warm potato salads there too.

cookessentials, Nov 1, 8:55pm
Here is one of them

Warm Potato Salad

Perfect for a quick throw it together meal or as a side dish.

500g gourmet potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 heaped teaspoon seeded mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1/2 cup chives, chopped into 3cm lengths
Salt and pepper, optional

Boil potatoes in large pot with salted water, drain.

Heat medium frying pan. Add half of the oil and fry chorizo and onions until browned and crisp, tossing pan often.

Combine mustard, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, chives and salt and pepper in large serving bowl. Add warm potatoes that you have chopped or lightly crushed, onion and chorizo and toss gently to combine

beaker59, Nov 2, 5:51am
Boil 4 medium sized potatoes at same time steam a large pot of silverbeet until well cooked then drain. Mash potatoes and then add silverbeet with salt and pepper add a large dollop of cream and one beaten egg if the mix is a bit sloppy I add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs then allow to sit to rest for half an hour take out a half handful and shape into a pattie dip in beaten egg and breadcrumbs and put aside. Fry on the BBQ hot plate in butter and oil mix. Or a frypan if you like :)

katalin2, Jul 9, 8:06pm
Made this tonight for a family birthday barbacue- didn't use cheese, just sprayed the top with olive oil- and only had old potatoes- red rascal- washed, cubed unpeeled, cooked briefly and mixed garlic chives and parsley- then baked as suggested, it was a HUGE hit! Thanks for posting it greerg. The bowl of fresh asparagus with lashings of hollandaise sauce went down well too!