Healthy Meal Plan

Page 1 / 2
danicharles, Oct 31, 8:32am
Does anyone know any good HEALTHY meal plans or websites?? nearly cooked the whole of healthyfood.co.nz haha

bunny51, Oct 31, 8:48am

bunny51, Oct 31, 8:51am
Oh and I see that is the one you use. lol (PAys to read the threads and messages properly hehe HAve you tried www.allrecipes.co.au? that is a good place for recipes,(or the American equivalent which is somehting like www.allrecipes.com - not 1000%sure of its propper site but it is something like that,

nfh1, Oct 31, 9:06am

ferita, Oct 31, 9:35am

donnabeth, Oct 31, 9:18pm
You obviously have the experience to answer an old conundrum.

Is healthy eating more expensive, time consuming, difficult and inconvenient than quickly ripping open a can or a packet and tipping into the frypan?

It probably depends upon circumstances, but I'm talking about a low to middle income family with no young children and nobody on any specific weight loss or allergy diets.

elliehen, Nov 1, 4:19am
Some questions are best answered by another question ;)

Is reading a book more expensive, time consuming, difficult and inconvenient than quickly flipping a TV switch or a remote and tipping back into a lazyboy?

maycey, Nov 1, 4:27am
Try www.taste.com.au go to the advanced search and tick low fat

kay141, Nov 1, 4:30am
This is a topic liable to bring the wicked witches out.

ferita, Nov 1, 5:12am
ha ha ha ...

greerg, Nov 1, 6:35am
I think it probably is at the time when you first make the change but once you get used to it there doesn't need to be anything very complicated about eating healthily (or at least it can be as complex as you like).Getting in to discussions on what IS healthy on this MB is pretty risky - I'd stay well clear if I were you.

nfh1, Nov 1, 7:20am
Depends how long it takes to clean the frypan afterwards I suppose!

danicharles, Nov 1, 9:16am
this was a healthy eating plan for me my mother and father, Im only 19 and a big eater, we only have three meat meals a week of white meat, (not including tuna for lunches) so it was surprisingly cheap, $90 this week for, ten different fresh veges, 4 different fruits, chicken breast, two lots of fresh fish about one kg, yoghurt, milk cheese, eggs, pasta rice, condiments etc. and this was at New World.

elliehen, Nov 1, 9:24am
Look like good choices AND good value to me :)

nfh1, Nov 1, 9:46am
Yes to me too - very good value.

donnabeth, Nov 2, 9:09pm
danicharles, what good value you got there.

I've been through the whole bringing up kids on a budget and found that judicious shopping and cooking worked well for me, but it did take a lot of time in the buying, preparing and cooking department. I only worked part time and my job was not terribly stressful, so I had the energy to prepare meals. Naturally the kids grew up in the kitchen and helped out and now are excellent food budgeters themselves. (They claim they learned to cook because the cook never had to do the dishes.lol.)

I feel like I came from a different era when I listen to the younger women at work discussing meals. They complain at how expensive it is to feed a family, but most revolve around packet or tin sauces and flavours and quick cook meats. Mince gets a shock and horror expression and some don't even make soup. They rely heavily on dried pasta and packets of flavoured rice instead of potatoes.They claim they don't have time to cook from scratch and anyway fresh veges and meat are too expensive.

Now we're back to two, we can afford to eat fast food but we have no taste for it and still cook from scratch, although it's still basic and we eat late- about 6.30 7pm.

motorbo, Nov 2, 11:01pm
hi donna, great read, yes its a shame so many dont cook as i believe processed foods is what is slowly killing us all

elliehen, Nov 3, 1:12am
The convenience foods are there for a quick-fix - they're misused when they become daily fare.

With practice and a few reliable recipes, it can be just as quick to start from fresh and from scratch - as in that nourishing and appetising meal, the stir-fry :)

danicharles, Oct 31, 8:32am
Does anyone know any good HEALTHY meal plans or websites! nearly cooked the whole of healthyfood.co.nz haha

bunny51, Oct 31, 8:51am
Oh and I see that is the one you use. lol (PAys to read the threads and messages properly hehe HAve you tried www.allrecipes.co.au! that is a good place for recipes,(or the American equivalent which is somehting like www.allrecipes.com - not 1000%sure of its propper site but it is something like that,

donnabeth, Oct 31, 9:18pm
You obviously have the experience to answer an old conundrum.

Is healthy eating more expensive, time consuming, difficult and inconvenient than quickly ripping open a can or a packet and tipping into the frypan!

It probably depends upon circumstances, but I'm talking about a low to middle income family with no young children and nobody on any specific weight loss or allergy diets.

elliehen, Nov 1, 4:19am
Some questions are best answered by another question ;)

Is reading a book more expensive, time consuming, difficult and inconvenient than quickly flipping a TV switch or a remote and tipping back into a lazyboy!

ferita, Nov 1, 5:12am
ha ha ha .

greerg, Nov 1, 6:35am
I think it probably is at the time when you first make the change but once you get used to it there doesn't need to be anything very complicated about eating healthily (or at least it can be as complex as you like).Getting in to discussions on what IS healthy on this MB is pretty risky - I'd stay well clear if I were you.

donnabeth, Nov 2, 9:09pm
danicharles, what good value you got there.

I've been through the whole bringing up kids on a budget and found that judicious shopping and cooking worked well for me, but it did take a lot of time in the buying, preparing and cooking department. I only worked part time and my job was not terribly stressful, so I had the energy to prepare meals. Naturally the kids grew up in the kitchen and helped out and now are excellent food budgeters themselves. (They claim they learned to cook because the cook never had to do the dishes.lol.)

I feel like I came from a different era when I listen to the younger women at work discussing meals. They complain at how expensive it is to feed a family, but most revolve around packet or tin sauces and flavours and quick cook meats. Mince gets a shock and horror expression and some don't even make soup. They rely heavily on dried pasta and packets of flavoured rice instead of potatoes.They claim they don't have time to cook from scratch and anyway fresh veges and meat are too expensive.

Now we're back to two, we can afford to eat fast food but we have no taste for it and still cook from scratch, although it's still basic and we eat late- about 6.30 7pm.