Gingerbread men recipe

tedddybear, Nov 24, 2:53am
I'm looking for a recipe for gingerbread men. I would love to make some for my 3 grandsons for christmas I hope someone can help me please

pam.delilah, Nov 24, 3:03am
Crispy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
• 2 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 125g butter
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup golden syrup
• 2 tsps ground ginger
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp ground cloves

Sift together dry ingredient into a bowl.
Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the spices, golden syrup and flour, and mix to form a smooth dough. Divide the dough in half and wrap in plastic film, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
Preheat oven to 190oC.
Roll out the dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thickness. Cut out shapes with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a cake rack, cool then decorate.

bedge1, Nov 24, 3:22am
Ingredients
3 tablespoons golden syrup
75g caster sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1½ teaspoons ginger
75g butter
½ teaspoon baking soda
225g plain flour
Chocolate pieces for decoration or M&Ms

Preheat your oven to 180oC. Place golden syrup, sugar, water and spic...es into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring well. Remove from heat and add butter and baking soda to the sugar mixture, mixing in well. Add flour, a bit at a time, until mixture makes a firm dough. Set aside to cool.

Once cool, get your favourite Christmas cutters or gingerbread man cutter and cut out your shapes. Decorate with chocolate bits for eyes and place well spaced out on lightly greased tray. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and crisp.

Decorating Gingerbread men
When cool, use red coloured icing to pipe a mouth on each gingerbread man. For buttons, use a small amount of icing to help make M & Ms stick to the biscuits.

alebix, Nov 24, 3:24am
With either of these recipes, do they puff up a bit or make flatish harder kind of cookie?

cookessentials, Dec 1, 5:01pm
Try the Great Christmas Recipe thread too

sara134, Jul 4, 11:45am
Would these recipes work with margarine instead of butter?