Buttercream Icing Question

sara134, Oct 29, 12:28am
Ok so im doing a cake that is mainly done with fondant icing but im doingbuttercream icing on the edges (boarder) and just wondered if this would be ok left out over night or would it spoil and run as i know the fondant will be fine but not sure about the buttercream??Any help would be great! :) Thanks

manz, Oct 29, 12:33am
I use butter icing on my kids birthday cakes. They are all made the night before and look just as good the next day. Just put them in a spot that is not too hot over night.

kiwitrish, Oct 29, 12:44am
Quick cake decorators tip for making a border around the bottom of the cake.Roll a long sausage of fondant, enough to go round the cake. Moisten bottom of cake and place the sausage around it.Now if you have a spoon with a fancy handle, just press it into the sausage and a nice pattern will appear.Looks really good and so simple.

cookiebarrel, Jul 2, 7:16pm
Sometimes the buttercream icing will cause the fondant to melt, depending on how moist the buttercream is.
Manz is right, but do keep in a cool place overnight, but preferablynot the fridge as fondant can sweat in the fridge.
Also using kiwitrish's idea can imprint the fondant sausage using a fancy button.