Toffee apples

sudsy99, Oct 28, 7:49pm
How long do these last?And how soon am I able to start making them before the event?

greerg, Oct 29, 5:56am
I would make them no earlier thanthe day before.I remember as akid that there was nothing more disappointing than biting into a glossy red toffee apple and finding a nasty soggy apple.My mother used to make a huge batch for the school fair and it was always on the Friday evening.I've never made them but it didn't seem to take long.

martine5, Oct 30, 4:49am
I remember the disappointment of apples that were rotten as well.

kimkat1, Oct 30, 9:10am
I make these alot and found that through trial and error you can't make them earlier and have yummy apples earlier than the night before.. yummy though

timetable, Oct 30, 9:21am
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm toffee apples... making them for guyfawlks this year - please God make sure that when i eat mine my teeth hold together, amen!!!

sudsy99, Oct 30, 8:36pm
great thanks all.Its an evening fair so I will make them fresh that day and take them down.
haha I hope my teeth hold up as well!

h5dzbldg, Jul 13, 10:21am
oh, I just went apple picking and had a litlte red wagon to pull all the apples back to the barnapples soon to be applesauce are on the stove nowsuch a sweet seasonal shot

662cj82nhvu, Jul 14, 10:16am
Now I'd love to have a Cupcake Princess for a friend too =)Will watch out for September's ARTE edtiion at Festival City. I used to visit for second hand books but reading this, will check out Toffee Princess booth as well.