Thai chicken and cashew restaurant style! recipes?

littlebows, Oct 26, 4:56am
anyone with a good chicken and cashew nut recipe like the takeaways/restaurants?

naki45, Oct 26, 9:41pm
Bump for one of my fave takeaway dishes ;-)

aderyn2, Oct 27, 10:38am
Bump.bump.

mousely2, Oct 31, 11:29pm
Dosnt look like anyone knows it!

davidt4, Oct 31, 11:57pm
Not sure what you mean by "restaurant style".

shellz596, Nov 1, 12:48am
Hi if you whant to ask anyone it will be davidt4, he is up with lots of stuff like that, how about stirfry, or curry, or even just noodle soup, a thought for you davidt4, I will be in for them, I just love your food, lots of flavers and spices yum yum

245sam, Nov 1, 12:52am
shellz596, just as a matter of interest.davidt4 is not 'he', davidt4 is actually 'she' (Helen) - have a look at her profile.:-))

davidt4, Nov 1, 12:57am
Thanks for those kind words shellz596.I can't help with takeaway-style dishes, but here' s a Thai chicken and cashew dish that might help the original poster:

Spicy Chicken with Cashew Nuts

2 tablespoons oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 small onion, cut into halves
 and sliced from stem to stalk end
6-8 finger-length dried red chilies, seeded and cut into halves

1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts,
250g chicken, cut into small cubes

1 spring onion, trimmed and cut into 3 cm lengths
Sauce:
1 teaspoon soy sauce or Maggi seasoning
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste

2 tablespoons water

Heat up a wok over high heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic, onion, dried red chilies and stir-fry until fragrant or when you smell the spicy aroma of the chilies. Add the cashew nuts and follow with the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken until the surface turns opaque. Add all the ingredients for the sauce into the wok and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. Stir-in the spring onion , dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.

shellz596, Nov 2, 10:41pm
HA HA you are so wright 245sam-(shirley) thanks, she still has great recipes, and I love yours to, have a nice day all.

elliehen, Nov 3, 11:22am
'Maggi seasoning'! .in Helen's recipe at post #8.

What is this!I've been led (or misled) to believe that 'Maggi' was a dirty word.

davidt4, Nov 3, 8:05pm
Maggi seasoning is a fermented wheat gluten extract which is used in some Thai and Chinese dishes.It is imported to NZ by Tai Ping Trading and can be found in Chinese food markets.It is very similar to dark soy sauce but is used in smaller quantities.

elliehen, Nov 3, 8:40pm
Thank you.I'll look out for it.

donnabeth, Nov 4, 10:17am
Is the Maggi seasoning the stuff that used to come in little red or yellow bottles called 'Gourmet Aroma"! My mother used oodles of that when I was a kid. Lovage reminds me of the flavour and I still use that in soups and stews. My niece calls lovage the 'Maggi plant'.

davidt4, Nov 4, 8:39pm
I'm not sure.I remember that Gourmet Aroma as common in The Netherlands but I haven't used it.

The bottles are similar.http://importfood.com/sama6701.html

guest, Jan 11, 2:15pm
Grade A stuff. I'm unosuetiqnably in your debt.

guest, Jan 13, 2:28pm
Great information This is celtrinay astounding. An watch site's levels and we are stunned. We are most celtrinay fascinated by one of these options. Individuals appreciate of memo, and number your precious time while in this. Please keep control. They're genuinely pri