Coffee muffins

tracee, Oct 22, 6:48am
Anyone have a simple but really nice recipe? I tried to make them but they didn't taste much of 'coffee' would it be better to use a coffee essence than instant coffee? or both? any suggestions would be great.

margyr, Oct 22, 6:52am
yep either a really strong short black or coffee essence. I used to make a coffee cake and used the black coffee in the cake and then the essence in the icing.

tracee, Oct 22, 7:44am
Thankyou for that,the essence in the icing will be the one! :)

sooseque, Oct 22, 9:11am
Coffee & white chocolate muffins
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cupsugar
1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white choc
2 eggs
1 TBLSP coffee essence
100 gm butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup coffee crystals
Preheat oven 200 C. Spray muffin tins.Large bowl mix flour, BP, white sugar and chocolate chips. In separate bowl, beat eggs, coffee essence, melted butter and milk together. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients stirring to just combine, don't over mix.
Spoon into prepared tins, sprinkle each muffin with coffee crystals, bake 15 - 18 min. Cool on rack.
Have made these quite a few times, they are yum.

tracee, Oct 22, 9:56am
Wow that sounds delish! I will give these ago. Thankyou :)

winnie15, Apr 9, 10:34pm
A question ..coffee ess , is it something you buy already made up by the coffee area, or is it an essence found by the vanilla ess..or is it something you make up using 1 tsp instant coffee to 1 tablespoon of boiling water?

245sam, Apr 9, 11:22pm
winnie15, coffee essence is a bought product, although no doubt it could be made at home but where a recipe states coffee essence it usually means the bought product.
If you are looking for coffee essence at the supermarket, look for Bushells Coffee & Chicory Essence which can be found with the other coffees and/or in the baking aisle.

If you have a Rawleigh dealer nearby he/she could also get their brand of coffee essence for you - have a look at:-
http://www.rawleighs.info

Hope that helps. :-))