Chocolate cake recipe

kiwinz001, Oct 20, 2:53am
Hey there, i was given this amazing chocolate cake recipe years ago but have sadly lost it.
Had sour cream in it, you couldn't taste it just made it the most moistest cake i've had. Hope someone on here has this recipe. Really easy to make.

boxsters3, Oct 21, 4:34am
Do you remember what else was in the recipe?

chocolate chips maybe, or grated pumpkin, or black coffee, or grated apples & black coffee, or feijoas, or Zucchini?

hooksie60, Oct 21, 6:41am
Try this you won't regret it

I make this once a week makes a small rosat pan size cake

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.

kiwinz001, Oct 21, 9:51am
I think it had half a bar of dark chocolate, didn't have any of the above, just bummed out when i realised i'd lost the recipe, i've done a google search and havn't come across it, made the most moist chocolate cake we've ever had.

macandrosie, Oct 22, 9:01am
Hey "hooksie60" I've tried that recipe recently & it's a great recipe for a big crowd. You can also use as a dessert with some fresh fruit salad. It's quite rich too.

sarahw2, Oct 22, 9:45am
Yummo, sounds good:-) Could you use less sugar do you think? Or would it change the texture too much??

hooksie60, Oct 24, 3:59am
Hi sarahw2 less sugar is fine i cut it down to 1.5 cups last time i cooked and and made no difference....if you see the original recipe i used i also used boysenberry Juice as the water ( boiled of course) and oh Yummo so just play around...... good luck

eastie3, Jun 20, 9:48am
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE

• 2 c flour
• 1.5 c sugar
• 125gchocolate, melted and cooled
• 2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
• 3 large eggs
• 1 c water
• 1 c sour cream
• 1/3 c butter
• 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease two 20cm round pans.

2. Beat all ingredients 30 seconds on low speed with electric mixer. Increase speed to high and beat 3 minutes more.

3. Divide batter evenly between pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Prepare Sour Cream Chocolate icing while cake cools.

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE ICING

Ingredients
• 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
• 100g unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
• 2.5 cups icing sugar
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
1. Beat butter with chocolate at medium speed with electric mixer. Add sugar.

2. Add sour creamand vanilla, beating until fluffy.

3. Spread frosting between layers and over cake.

I haven't made this yet,it's in my 'must try' file,and it sounds really good.