Quick easy dinners

been_n_gone, Oct 18, 10:21pm
me and my partner both work full time some days he starts at midnight so i was wondering if anyone had ideas for something quick and easy for dinner.. we getting sick of the same stuff over and over.
we not very creative in the kitchen... need a lil boost lol

smileeah, Oct 19, 12:10am
One of my favourite quick and easy dinners is Butter Chicken made with the Asian Home Gourmet spice mix.
Spag Bol made with the Home Brand chunky pasta sauce.
Tuna Pasta bake. Recipes on the Pasta Bake thread.
Toast bread under the grill turn over and top with flavoured tuna (sweet chilli is nice) and cheese. Return to grill and melt cheese. Top with a good squirt of quality mayo, lettuce or mesculin mix, tomato and beetroot and s+p. (I eat it with a knife and fork)
Homemade burgers.
Homemade pizza.
Boil some frozen corn (or use canned kernels). Drain and add can of drained tuna, finely chopped red onion, chopped tomato, s+p and good quality mayo to moisten. Serve warmed or chilled on bed of mesculin mix or in a panini with cheese.

maycey, Oct 19, 1:05am

rkcroft, Jun 12, 2:17pm
My partner and I work full time and then go straight to the gym after work.We don't get home till around 7.20pm and we are starving so all the meals I prepare have to be fast.I do things like hot smoked salmon on couscous and spinach leaves with balsamic dressing, pasta, rice salad, thai beef salad or on the weekend I make a large moussaka, lasagne, curry, or mexican chilli and we have this for the next 3 nights with salad.Otherwise I try to quickly prepare something long cooking just before I head off the gym so its cooked by the time I get back - for example, oven baked chicken risotto, or I have a few chicken & pork casserole dishes.Other good ideas are using a crockpot if you have one.You can prepare the meal the night before and just turn on before you head off to work.