Easy Apple Crumble Recipe to make with kids

jwatson, Oct 17, 1:35am
Has anyone got a failsafe apple crumble recipe that's easy for the kids to help with and they are guaranteed to eat?Nothing too fancy lol

bigcoly, Oct 17, 2:47am
Hi, my kids have eaten this since little & you can't get any easier.
Stew the apples, then crumble 1/4 lb butter, 1/2 C sugar & 1 1/2 C flour on top. (can add a sprinkle of cinnamon if they like it).

ams7, Oct 25, 2:33am
x1
2oz Butter, 4oz Sugar, 1/4 tsp Vailla Essence, 1 Egg, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cinnamon, 2 Cups Cornflakes, 1 Cup Coconut. Mix together and place over the top of stewed fruit. Bake 180oC for about 30 mins.

grandma, Oct 25, 3:40am
I do the same as bigcoly - I stew the apples first then after putting the topping on, pop it under the grill to the "brownish" I like - easy peasy!If the apples (or any other fruit) are cold, I heat them up in the microwave in the ovenproof dish I am going to use before putting on the topping........

smileeah, Jun 22, 6:01pm
If you don't want to stew the fruit first you can grate it, skin and all. Here's the recipe I use.
1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar (I use less)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t mixed spice
75g butter
1/2 c rolled oats or wholegrain oats

Rub butter into first 4 ingredients then stir through oats. Sprinkle over the top of 4 med grated apples and bake 180c 35-45 mins.

It is an Alison Holst recipe. I sometimes use brown sugar, or melted butter if I'm in a hurry.