wilson16, Feb 25, 7:57pm
Grason should have soooo gone home.

What a crock!

lizab, Feb 25, 8:42pm
absolutely! ! ! ! !

johne21, Feb 25, 8:52pm
Yes totally agree! ! ! !

fat-like-me, Feb 25, 9:15pm
Yes I agree , the other lady that went home was a way better cook, sorry to see her go.

alebix, Feb 25, 10:37pm
She is an excellent baker, but her presentation wasnt good last night ans didnt follow their instructions, even though, I thought she did a fantastic job... I love her work and I will miss her.

I juse hope Grayson tones down on the cream. . makes me feel sick just looking at it, his baking is good though, but burnt toffee... oh heck no...

wilson16, Feb 25, 10:49pm
Yes his mistakes, I think outweighed hers.

alebix, Feb 25, 11:57pm
Are they keeping him on because of who his dad is? ? ? ? . .

Maybe next week he will go, i cant wait, cupcakes...

sarahj1, Feb 26, 12:26am
I will not be watching this show any longer after last night's debacle - talk about lack of credibility: the jacked up reasons they sent Karen home were such a crock - she's just too "mumsy" for them and the demographic Nestle is trying to target I guess!
Courtenay uses BOUGHT puff pastry -BADLY-in a pastry challenge and gets to stay? ? ? ? ?
And as for Grayson - he is just there as a token male/gay -it really is embarrassing. Burnt caramel - and banoffee freaking pie? ? ? ! ! ! !
A baker of Dean Brettscneider's ability should be ashamed to be associated with this reality fiasco.

mwood, Feb 26, 12:31am
the whole show had a cringe factor of #10 - morbidly compulsive - I'm still shuddering LOL

sarahj1, Feb 26, 12:43am
I'm sure the marketing team at Nestle is being called to a few meetings over this - and Colin/Grayson's rings and cream comments ... ! ! ! !

knockers, Feb 26, 12:44am
What really gets me about the whole thing is that the contestants seem to have to take their own ingredients from home, not even the basics, flour, butter sugar are supplied. I think its cheap, should have got a different sponsor that could supply a wider range of baking products. . Did anyone notice the cardboard boxes taped to the walls when they are being judged? CHEAP!

fifie, Feb 26, 12:46am
mmm not the best cooking show on the telly, but its little NZ trying to keep up with the bigger shows i guess. Shocking that karen went home, a good baker gone when others should have left. Sick of that gay idiot playing up to grayson some of his comments are a bit to be desired on live telly. Agree with you #9 but i will still watch it, lol thinkToni will win the judges seem to like her style, and the risks she takes...

spotswood, Feb 26, 2:51am
I cant believe they're the Hottest Bakers! ! ! ! ! ! They are all as bad as each other! ! ! ! I only watch it to get a laugh out of it... ... ... ...

wilson16, Feb 26, 6:02am
But I can't NOT watch it now, I'm hooked in to the very end.

YES, the bought pastry, I thought I'd heard wrong.

lisa7, Feb 26, 7:33am
Isn't it great entertainment. Yes Karen is a fantastic baker, but... a tart is not a little apple pie on a stick, pre-bought pastry is a fat no-no, stalks on that beautiful looking tart, well, I am a bit reserved about that. I like Emma, I think she may win. Next week cupcakes! ! Can't wait, I love everything about cupcakes and make them frequently. The show hmmm, I think is not well executed, I vision a TM recipe poster would wins handsdown, who's up for Series 2, I myself could give it a damn good go!

nikki38, Feb 26, 7:41am
I have only watched a couple of episodes and the 2 things I don't like is the 'hottest' part of the show - dressing the contestants up like stepford wives and the thing I cannot stand is that I wish the host would either cut his hair, tie it up or put it under a hat. Just watching him toss and flick his hair aroung and the thought of his long back hairs straying into something make me retch - he is in a kitchen for goodness sake. I don' know why NZ TV cannot get these reality type shows right. Its a bit cheesy and cheap.

gojojo2, Feb 26, 7:58am
Colin loves Grayson - so puke! What a waste of a good idea for TV

fifie, Feb 26, 8:30pm
They saying in another thread that this weeks loser Karen was a sous chef years ago, Judges picked up on that and maybe got rid of her to make the playing field even... . Wonder if thats true? might explain how she turned out a pie on a stick this week and knew to put the piped biscuits in the freezer to hold their shape before baking last week... Pity shes gone would have liked to seen her cup cakes this week. . http://www.trademe.co.nz-
/Community/MessageBoard/Messag-
es. aspx? id=192795

fmgirl, Feb 26, 10:24pm
I noticed this too, totally budget program and I feel very sorry for the contestants.
I had entered thank my lucky stars I didn't get selected I would have felt humiliated at what they've had to do.

Masterchef is much better.

daleaway, Feb 27, 12:29am
They have been longing for an excuse to get rid of Karen.

#8 has it - the producers want the young goodlooking ones to remain in, and Grayson as the eye candy to attract a gay audience. His cooking is beginner level, though.

The presenter is pointless and offensive, tainting us all with his low-grade high-school level sleaze. He should have been the first to leave.

duckmoon, Feb 27, 12:50am
I think that grayson's mistakes out weighed Karen's.
As they said - her food was "goood".
And they also said that Grayson had not stepped up to the mark.

Maddness

bluecalico, Feb 27, 2:06am
She didn't even follow the brief... ... . . only right she goes! I liked the pinot noir tart... . that looked fab.

lizab, Feb 27, 7:58am
does anyone else's teeth hurt just thinking about the mile high sickly icing we'll see next week on those 3 different topping cupcakes! ! ? ?

wilson16, Mar 4, 4:03am
Just bumping for later tonight.

Love this thread

fifie, Mar 4, 8:40am
Lol next week is going to be good they are going to struggle, what a joke this programme is anda sickly mess we seen tonight. . .