Making sushi rice??

phy39, Oct 16, 10:46pm
what can i substitute the sushi seasoning with? i cant seem to find the rice vingegar

pamellie, Oct 17, 3:00am
I use 4 tbsp white vinegar, 4 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp salt to 3 rice cooker cups of rice. I normally give a quick zap in the microwave to dissolve sugar and salt, then add to hot rice. Hope this helps.

obviousas, Oct 17, 3:30am
Tonite is sushi night. We are using salmon. Salmon steaks on special up here in Auckland at P n S for $18.99/kg.

PAMELLIE is pretty innovative.

We also use vinegar, any variety. We prefer cider vinegar. One cup for every 5 cups of rice. If you don't mind the colour and have it on hand, use raw sugar,tohalf cup to 5 cups of rice. Don't forget to add salt, one table spoon. Mix all ingredients together when dishing out the rice piping hot from the pot. Try using toasted black sesame seeds giving really nice contrasting colour (black v white)

karenz, Oct 17, 3:54am
I just put a dash of white wine vinegar and a teaspoonful of white sugar and a little salt into shortgrain rice as it is cooking, it holds together well and tastes fine.

phy39, Oct 17, 4:45am
thanks guys i made it before anyone commented but good to hear i actually got it right i used white vinegar a lil bit of cider vinegar and salt and sugar and was fine thanks

pamellie, Jun 8, 4:57pm
PAMELLIE is pretty innovative.

Thank you, this is what my Japanese friend taught me!