HELP!!..double yoked eggs!

seniorbones, Oct 16, 7:39am
making Pams (cook essentials) lemon yoghurt cake and the first egg was a double yoker, would I count that as one or two eggs?

noonesgirl, Oct 16, 7:42am
I'd take it as 2.

seniorbones, Oct 16, 7:43am
thanks - I wont add another then.

gardie, Oct 16, 7:48am
I'd still add the extra.When we buy eggs, they are graded by weight.Double yolked eggs would still be the same weight as its mates.If its a 'home grown egg' it could be larger = perhaps you could pop in a small egg to go with it.I tend to add extra egg rather than not enough, eg. use 3 small eggs rather than 2 standard ones.

seniorbones, Oct 16, 7:55am
oops too late its in the oven! it was a very large egg and usually when they are that big I weigh them, an average egg is 49gms, my dy's have been 90gms, it looks ok so hope its fine. OH and they are 'home grown'beautiful yellow yokes.

gardie, Oct 16, 8:06am
Yum - wish our chooks layed big ones!They have the lovely yellow yolksthough. Enjoy your cake.

seniorbones, Oct 16, 8:15am
it makes it easy at breakfast !! only need one egg instead of two lol

nfh1, Oct 16, 8:20am
I cannot remember the last time I had a double yoked egg.

seniorbones, Jun 3, 3:43pm
we only had our chooks a few weeks and they were laying dy's, dont get them often but we do get nice big eggs and sometimes they are 90gms without a double yoke just very big! the cakes turned out fine so the extra egg wasnt needed. Just need to make the syrup now to pour over it and then off to bed to read my book.