HoT CaKe/ PaN cAkE ReCiPe PLeaSe

winnie15, Feb 25, 10:17am
i've tried many , but haven't found that nice mc donald type hot cake recipe. Can anyone help? TIA

cookessentials, Feb 25, 6:36pm
Go to the cooking class 101 thread - the basic pancake batter on there is a goodie.

winnie15, Feb 25, 9:57pm
right, sounds like a plan but i can't find it. . any chance of a copy and paste link?

cookessentials, Feb 25, 11:30pm
Here you go
Basic pancake batter 1 cup flour;1 tsp baking powder;1/2 tsp salt;1 egg;1 1/2 cups milk;15g of butter, melted;oil for frying. Sift flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add egg, milk and melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, gradually draw in the flour. Beat well. Cover and leave to stand one hour. Grease and heat pancake pan. Pour batter into a jug and pour in enough batter while tilting the pan to cover the bottom. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface, about 1 min, then flip over using a metal spatula. These are lovely layered with a little butter, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of caster sugar, just layer and repeat
If you are looking for soething in particular - put the details in the box to the left of your screen - as in this case -cooking class 101 and hit anytime and the recipe you are looking for or the thread you are looking for should come up if it is still available.

winnie15, Feb 25, 11:48pm
thanks cookess! !

winnie15, Feb 25, 11:50pm
Oh gotcha... thanks very much!

zachana, Feb 27, 5:05am
x3
American Pancakes by Alison Holst - 50g melted butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1. 5 cups self-raising flour, 3 tbsp sugar. Measure ingredients into bowl in order listed. Beat with a rotary beater just until no longer lumpy (do not overbeat! ). I just cook them on my electric frypan - when one side bursts into bubbles turn over and cook until the middle springs back when touched. Serve with butter and maple flavoured syrup and you would think you had them from McD's.

dollmakernz, Feb 28, 7:01am
I just use the pikelet recipe from the Edmonds book! Works great!

soden, Mar 2, 8:36am
x1
Buy the buttermilk from the supermarket. . in milk section and follow instructions on packet. I don't use the blueberries or lemon rind though. I love these with bananas, bacon and maple sryup>

guest, Mar 29, 4:45pm
I have used that Holst recipe suggested by Zachana for years and years - it is so simply fantastic. Why would you bother mucking about with plain flour and baking powder and leaving to stand for an hour? Makes very little difference to overall taste in my taste tests. Using self-raising and getting straight into the pan is a lot more straightforward on a weekend morning! But ahem, don't be put off by the McDonald's comparison - who are sure to use reconstituted egg powder and all sorts of alien stuff. These pancakes are far superior to what you could ever get there!