Limeade - Does anyone know how to make it .

tommydog, Feb 25, 2:41am
I need some frozenlimeade for a recipe its an American product do we have a equivalant product available in our supermarkets in NZ. Help appreciated.

245sam, Feb 25, 2:52am
tommydog, what is it that you're making?

I'm wondering if Bundaberg Lemon, Lime & Bitters would be a suitable substitute for the limeade but maybe someone else knows what the limeade is actually like, in which case they'll no doubt be more able to suggest a substitute. :-))

darlingmole, Feb 25, 2:58am
is limeade like homemade lemonade?

juice of 6 limes
2 C sugar
2 C boiling water
citric acid

for bubbles as making soda and stir when serving?

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:43am
Yes it is. I make lavender limeade which is basically like a home made lemonade with lavender in it as well. It's lovely.

michelle313, Mar 2, 10:22pm
What exactly does your recipe call for? If you need limeade like darlingmole's recipe that will work, but most Americans buy limeade in a frozen tube. It is super concentrated and you just defrost and add water.

cookessentials, Mar 3, 1:01am
Heres my recipe

6 cups water
1 3/4 cups sugar, or to taste
1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
lime slices as optional garnish

Combine 2 cups water, sugar, lavender and lime zest in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves.

Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup stand for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup into a bowl and discard the lavender flowers.

Stir the syrup, lime juice and remaining 4 cups of water together in a large pitcher. Chill before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish each serving with a fresh lime slice if desired.
Make sure you use an English or culinary lavender- they have the sweet taste you want instead of a camphor taste as you will get with others.

tommydog, Mar 10, 3:27am
Hi Michelle thanks for respondingI need it for making cocktails margaritas so I wanted the neartest thing I could get to the American frozen limeade.

vinee, Oct 17, 11:53am
I do a sort of daquiri with roses lime, that's yum.
Daquiri is the same as a margarita but swaps the bicardi for tequila.
But I noticed Charlies do a limeade (in the chiller section) so that would be nicer as it is 'fresher' than cordial.