Lemon merigue pie filling- no condensed milk

alebix, Oct 11, 9:00am
Does anyone have the recipe for this please.

I dont have condensed milk, but have all other ingrediants (well im hoping I do).

nanasee1, Oct 11, 9:10am
Alison Holst Lemon Meringue pie Filling
1c sugar; rind & juice of 2 large or 3 small lemons; 1/2 c cornflour or custard powder; 1-1/2 cups water; 2 Tabsp butter; 3 egg yolks.
Put sugar and rind in food processor & chop very finely, mix in cornflour (custard powder), mix in the water. Tip into a microwave dish & microwave on high until clear & evenly thick - stir every 2 minutes. Stir in the butter & egg yolks, mix well & heat until itbubbles & thickens. (Watch the eggs don't scramble) Stir in juice & pour into pastry shell.

alebix, Oct 11, 9:51am
Thank you nanasee1

ribzuba, Oct 11, 8:15pm
Claire Clark recipe (voted best pastry chef by restaurant magazine)
3 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
160 grams lemon juice (2/3 cup)
1 sheet of gelatin
150 grams butter, cut into small cubes (still slightly cold) (10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons)

Whisk the eggs, lemon zest and sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice. Place the bowl over a water bath and whisk constantly until it thickens. It will start to make ribbons.

In the meantime, have the gelatin softening in ice water. Squeeze out excess water and when curd has thickened, add the gelatin to the bowl.

Strain this curd through a fine sieve into a clean bowl.

Using a submersion blender, start mixing the curd and adding the small pieces of butter. The curd will start to change in color and become lighter. Add all the butter and continue to mix it while doing it.

rupps, Oct 13, 2:41am
You can make your own condensed milk. I've seen the recipe in the message board.

ams7, Oct 25, 2:45am
200g Sweet Short Pastry, 1/2 Cup + 6 Tbs Caster Sugar, Juice & zest of 2 large lemons, 4 Tbs Cornflour, 30g/2 Tbs Butter, 3 Eggs separated. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line a greased 20cm pie dish with pastry and bake blind for 15 mins, remove beans & bake for a further 5 mins. Cool in dish. Blend the cornflour in a saucepan with a little water until smooth then add half a cup sugar, lemon juice & zest & whisk together. Whisk in 1 cup boiling water & heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 mins until thick. Remove from heat, quickly whisk in butter & egg yolks. Return to heat & stir for a few mins until thick. Pour filling into prepared base. Meringue: Whisk egg whites to soft peaks then gradually whisk in the remaining 6 Tbs Sugar until thick & glossy. Pile on top of lemon filling. Bake for approx 15 mins until browned. Enjoy

juliewn, Oct 25, 11:02am
Hi - I make lemon honey to use as the filling for LMP.. fantastic taste and texture and just delicious..

melisk, Apr 27, 11:57pm