Quick help with defrosting pastry please

rosielee3, Oct 8, 3:59am
hmm im in the same sito now!! hoping trade me would have a quick answer!! does any one know if i can defrost with the paper wrapped in it? i have pre rolled pastry

juliewn, Oct 8, 4:02am
Hi.. you could put the blocks into a water-tight plastic bag, and place in a sink of only just luke-warm water, turn them occasionally as they'll probably float.

Hi Rosie.. the pre-rolled pastry won't take long to thaw - I'd leave it rolled and do as above.. trying to unroll it before it's thawed will crack the pastry..

Enjoy your dinner's..

rosielee3, Oct 8, 4:04am
ah thank you!

rosielee3, Oct 8, 4:34am
that method worked so well - many thanks once again!

juliewn, Oct 8, 7:55am
You're welcome Rosie.. hope your dinner tasted great.. and have a lovely weekend.. :-)

carolyn20, Nov 13, 3:04am
I forgot to take the blocks out - didn't realise they take 2 hours to defrost - have people coming around for dinner.I've hung them on the line to try speed up - can I put them in the microwave? or any other ideas........

davidt4, Nov 13, 3:21am
Don't put in the microwave - it will melt the fat.Why not make your own pastry ?

duckmoon, Jul 31, 3:51pm
I would put it in the microwave on super low power until half defrosted, and then with great effort, roll it (so that the block is thinner - so will defrost quicker)