Cake/Home bake stall

naninarna, Oct 5, 8:25am
Evening all - would love some of your ideas of fun and interesting items to sell at a cake stall (home-made) in November ( Planning on the weather behaving and it being warm!). Its to raise funds for an animal shelter - any ideas welcome
:)

kuaka, Oct 5, 8:52am
be very careful or the health department police will be after you - was a big stink here a while back because some kind hearted ladies were making jams and marmalades and donating them to the local hospice shop to help raise funds, and they were stopped from doing it because they weren't being made in an approved kitchen.

cookessentials, Oct 5, 6:07pm
x1
Depends where you live as if it is a casual thing, they usually do not worry so much ( well, not here anyway) My recipe for pumpkin loaves is a popular one and makes two large loaves or you can make them in the petite loaf tins and get more. They are moist and keep really well. Also the lemon yoghurt cake is also popular. lulu makes the pumpkin loaves in smaller tins for fetes,so she may also be able to give you some ideas.

lulu239, Oct 5, 8:11pm
Firstly, you will probably have to get a permit from the council (the SPCA has probably done that). All goods must be covered and no fresh cream. As Pam said, I make her Pumpkin loaves in the small tins. There is always the gripe from people as to the pricing of things. Say two loaves of normal size go for $4.50 each, Pam's PL makes 6 in the smaller tins selling at $3 each - double the money. I make Double Choc Muffins and wrap in Glad wrap and put them out singly and they sell like hot cakes. Sherbert is another good seller.
If you are making slices it is a good seller to mix them up in a pack of six. The Banana Whizz cake is a good seller as it makes a good sized cake. A little bit of decoration like chopped walnuts on top can perk the selling price up. My "Do" is in November with craft as well. I have all but finished the craft and now I am starting to think of the baking side. Good luck with it all.

lulu239, Oct 5, 8:16pm
Sorry, I can't remember the contributor!

11. Whizz cakeBANANA CAKE - No melting, no mashing, and no creaming. Place in kitchen whizz: 1 1/4 cups sugar, 100gr butter, 1/2 cup milk, 2-3 bananas, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla and blend till smooth. Add: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Bake in lined 23cm tin in moderate oven 40-50 minutes until cake springs back when touched. Leave in tin 5-10 minutes before turning out

indy95, May 9, 1:08pm
Individual items like muffins and mini loaves always sell well, also packs of "lunchbox" type biscuits and traditional things like fruit loaves or anything that looks like something "Nana used to make".