~Boxes of Banana\'s, what to make??~

crystalsprings, Oct 4, 1:57am
First of all can I freeze them to use later??
Going to make cake, loaf and Muffins. Has anyone got any other idea's please??

crystalsprings, Oct 4, 1:59am
Oooooo just found banana custard pie :)

campmum, Oct 4, 2:00am
Yes you can freeze them...they make great cakes & smoothies...

pam.delilah, Oct 4, 2:39am
Banana Ice cream

4 bananas
1 t runny honey
juice half an orange
1/4 c toasted coconut (optional), toasted in 200°C pre heated oven, for 5 to 10 mins until golden brown
1. Peel your bananas, slice them into 2cm slices, place in a supermarket bag and freeze over night
2. Remove bananas from freezer
3. Place in a food processor, with honey and orange juice and whiz until blended. Scrape mixture out into a plastic container and re freeze for an hour
4. Scoop out into bowls, sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve with fresh fruit salad, or in an ice cream cone or as an ice cream sandwich with wafers

Roasted Banana Ice Cream
3 ripe bananas
1/3 C sugar (preferably brown sugar) + 2 T regular white sugar
1 T butter
1 t vanilla essence
1 C milk
½ C fresh cream (chilled)
1 ½ t lemon juice
½ t salt
½ t cinnamon powder
1/8 C raisins soaked in 2 T dark rum
Peel the bananas and cut into 1 inch chunks. In a glass baking dish take the banana pieces and brown sugar, and toss with the butter. Bake for 40 minutes (preheated to 400F/200C), till browned, turning just once in the middle of the baking process.
Remove the contents of the baking dish into a mixing bowl. Add the all the other ingredients except raisins, and blend to a smooth puree. Mix in the raisins and any nuts, if using, and pour into an ice cream maker to set in the fridge.
To serve, scoop into bowls and top with roasted cashews and a sauce of choice, if desired.
The syrupy sauce made during the baking process is great – just be sure to adjust quantities to make extra.

pam.delilah, Oct 4, 2:40am
Banana Cake Brown’s World Famous in Timaru
125g softened unsalted butter
1½ cups caster sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ tsp vanilla essence
250g flour
1tsp baking soda
½tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground allspice
½ tsp ground ginger
½ cup milk
½ lemon juice
Butter a round 20cm cake tin – Preheat your oven to 180c
Cream the butter and the sugar until it becomes cream and pale, beat in the eggs one by one then add the banana and vanilla
Sift dry ingredients and add them to the creamy butter alternating with the milk.
Spoon into the cake tin and bake for approx. 45 mins or until skewer come out clean.
Cool cake for a few minute in the tin before turning out onto and cool rack.
Serve warm with lashings of cool butter and freshly brewed coffee

pam.delilah, Oct 4, 2:41am
best freeze peeled

uli, Oct 4, 3:32am
peel, halve and dry them.

talent.scout, Oct 4, 3:44am
why?

I freeze them in the skins.The skins go black, but no problem with the banana inside.I prefer them this way - then I can get out how many I want to use - instead of the whole lot frozen together.

elliehen, Oct 4, 3:44am
Peel and cut in half crossways, put a popsicle stick in the cut half and freeze.Children love them; they have the taste and texture of ice cream.

crystalsprings, May 6, 3:53pm
Thanks guys, some great idea's there. Had never thought of icecream!! :)