Potato Focaccia on Tv..?

rovertniloc, Oct 2, 11:06pm
Did anyone get the recipe for this on Better Homes and Gardens this morning on the Living Channel. OMG it looked delicious.

crystalmoon, Oct 3, 8:46am
No but it sounds lovely.I think if yougoogle living chanel tv and get the recipes from there.Good luck

alebix, Oct 3, 9:30am
I just went through the better home and gardens website and I couldnt fidn the recipe anywhere.
Good Luck.

hindsfeet, Oct 3, 8:57pm
Just found this

Potato Focaccia
Makes one 8-inch focaccia

1 medium Yukon Gold potato
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 teaspoon fresh yeast
A pinch of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more for salting water
2/3 cup warm water
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced crosswise
1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Coarse sea salt

1. Wash the potato and place in a small saucepan along with enough water to cover the potato by an inch. Place the pot over high heat, covered, and bring to a boil. Add a handful of kosher salt to the water. Simmer until the potato is tender when pierced with a knife, around 20 minutes. Drain the potato and let it cool. Peel the potato and mash finely with a fork. Set aside.

2. Put the yeast in a large mixing bowl along with a pinch of sugar. Add the warm water in a thin stream over the yeast, using a fork to help dissolve the yeast entirely. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes.

3. Pour the flour into the yeast water and stir with a fork, then add the mashed potato and the salt. The dough will be relatively thick and shaggy. Use the fork to incorporate the potato into the flour. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and begin to knead the dough by hand. It will come together quite quickly. Knead against the bowl for a minute or so, until it is relatively smooth. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky to handle. Form the dough into a ball and let it rest, covered with a kitchen towel, in the bowl for an hour.

4. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan. Using your fingertips, gently release the puffy and risen dough from the bowl and place it in the cake pan. Gently tug and pat it out so that it fits the pan. Cover the top of the focaccia with the tomato halves, distributing them evenly. Sprinkle the oregano and a large pinch of coarse salt over the tomatoes, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and let it rest for another hour.

5. While the focaccia is resting, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes before removing the focaccia from the pan.

guest, Jan 11, 7:50am
Hey, that post leaves me feeling foolhsi. Kudos to you!

guest, Jan 13, 1:45pm
Very interesting ricepe. I'm always trying new things and my daughter might get a kick out of trying this ricepe. Do you eat something special with this type of bread or just alone? I'll have to let you know how it comes out. I found your blog in Top Mommy Blogs. I'll definitely follow and see what new things are happening in Cuddles and Bubbles. If you get a chance, check out my blog at makeitorfixit.com and feel free to follow.

guest, Jan 14, 9:57am
Thank you for your recipe. One thing, NEVER cosmnue hot water from the faucet. It is toxic. Lead pipe in hot water heater gets lead in your hot water in a matter of minutes. Causes learning disabilities in children, just like lead paint. You Tube will not let me post the CDC link but Google LEAD IN HOT TAP WATER.