Cupcake maker

scragg, Oct 1, 10:06pm
Are these machines any good? Which would be the best model to buy? I have a princess/fairy party coming up and need to make heaps of cupcakes! The oven and i do not get on! lol

chef1964, Oct 2, 12:38am
LOL .. no those machines are crap
but anyway
a super simple almost never fail cupcake recipe is
500 g flour
500 g butter
500 g sugar
5 eggs
not sure how much bp without recipe in front of me but you can prob guess that

evorotorua, Oct 2, 8:10pm
I think(I don't have one) that they would make acceptable cup cakes. However they only do a few at a time so you will be a long time making heaps!. As an idea straight off the top of my head, could you buy a plain sponge from the supermarket and cut the shapes to fit the patty cases, and then decorate those?

charli08, Oct 3, 3:24am
If you're wanting quick and easy cupcakes then grab a box of Edmonds vanilla cupcake mix, so easy and they taste ok. I make/decorate cupcakes as a side venture so I make them from scratch but if you're not a typical baker then packet mix is your best bet.

pam.delilah, Oct 3, 3:33am
better to try again with the oven. Here is a recipe that makes about 30 at a time. You can make and freeze them(uniced). They do not take long to thaw out

Vanilla Cupcakes

415g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
230g unsalted butter, softened
330g sugar
15ml vanilla essence
4 eggs
250ml milk

- Preheat oven to 170degC.
- Line two-and-a-half 12-hole muffin trays with cupcake papers.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl to aerate and combine. Set aside until required.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat butter for about 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl once or twice. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla essence. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture in 4 additions, alternately with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, and beat briefly until smooth on low speed after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly between the cupcake papers.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centres shows a few moist crumbs. (The centres should also spring back when lightly pressed.) The cupcakes might colour a bit around the edges, but they will not brown.
- Cool cupcakes in the muffin trays for 5 minutes before removing the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.

Vanilla Frosting
200g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
8 cups icing sugar, sifted

- Cream the butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk, vanilla and half the icing sugar.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy and of a spreadable consistency.
- If the mixture is too dry add extra milk and if the mixture is too wet add extra icing sugar.

julz29, Oct 3, 5:43am
Oh i love making cup cakes

scragg, May 4, 4:52pm
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions,i am going to be brave and make the cupcakes myself,will do a dummy run tomorrow - if i fail i will revert to buying a packet mix! lol wish me luck & fingers crossed my oven is in a good mood!!