Chocolate mousse - does anyone have a fail

tuisong13, Sep 30, 11:04pm
proof one - will be 1st time making it - thanks

momma1, Sep 30, 11:05pm
make the jo seagar one i don't have the recipe but its basically hot cream throw the choc in and whizz in a blender, look it up

wadboy, Sep 30, 11:21pm
Greggs packet chocolate mousse is yum. Very easy to make and only requires milk. Very econimical as goes a long way. Tastes creamy like the real thing.

donnabeth, Sep 30, 11:42pm
How special is the occaision you want it for? I would agree with poster 3 for everyday and even family birthday teas etc. I blend half a block of melted dark chocolate(Whittakers) with a bottle of whipped cream, then gently fold into the packet mousse once it's beginning to set.

This mix is quick and easy and tastes almost as good as the chocolate mousse I make by laboriously stirring a custard over a double boiler and folding in beaten egg whites then holding my breath to make sure nothing curdles or separates.(sorry that recipe is not to hand just now)

The second method is used only for very special occaisions and usually served as 'chocolate pots'. It keeps much better than the packet mix.

buzzy110, Oct 1, 12:12am
I guess I'm too late to give my wonderful, luscious, natural ingredient mousse. You really can't beat the flavour and texture of processed food. Have you thought of going to the Cheescake shop and buying it. Why even go to the bother of producing your own?

cookessentials, Oct 1, 12:43am
This is mine.

200g block dark chocolate, chopped
25g unsalted butter, melted
3 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons tia maria or brandy
300ml cream
extra 300ml whipped cream, to serve
extra shaved dark chocolate, to decorate

Place chocolate and melted butter in large heat-proof bowl over a small pan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Gradually beat in yolks and Tia Maria.

Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture until smooth.
Beat cream in same bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture until just combined.
Spoon mixture between four large serving glasses or six small serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until set.

Serve topped with extra whipped cream. Decorate with extra chocolate

twinsforus, Oct 1, 8:33pm
Wow....do you have to have a dig at everyone?? What is the point of your post?? If your recipe is so great share it instead of belittling the OP for asking!!!!

mazzy1, Oct 1, 8:49pm
Do a search on the left - 'anytime' for Chocolate Avocado Mousse - dairy free, apparently, and completely fabulous!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 1, 9:02pm
I think you'll find that the time and care it takes to make the "real thing" like Cooks recipe is very well worth it. A true chocolate mousse is heaven.

motorbo, Oct 1, 9:54pm
ive made the avocado one alot, its fail proof, easy to make and creamy as hell and yummy and you dont feel guilty making it, i might make one tonight.

Buzzy: you have alot of good knowledge and i do like to read what you say most of the time, but its not all about you on the boards. playing nice goes a long way!

mazzy1, May 1, 7:45am
Have to agree with you motorbo. It's all very well having a healthy digestive system, buzzy, but it doesn't seem to make you a very happy person!