Butter chicken.. best brand?

Page 1 / 3
paul523, Sep 28, 4:02am
What is the best brand of butter chicken sauce from the supermarket? and ive heard adding cream will make it yummier?

momma1, Sep 28, 8:09am
try asian gourmet at home butter chicken and add a packet of continental butter chicken. i add tomato paste and a spoon of sugar

kandi_gurl, Sep 28, 8:14am
I like Pataks thebest and add a can of lite coconut cream, fry up and onion first then chicken, i even use a cooked chicken and break it up and add to the sauce, yum make it about once a fortnight family fav and poppadoms in the microwave approx 45 sec each one

nfh1, Sep 28, 8:54am
This is not a supermarket one, but someone recommended it a while ago on here.

http://www.butterchicken.co.nz/home

sleyle, Sep 28, 10:33am
That may have been me or I second it lol, the spice you buy from this website is out of this world!And yes you do use cream in it, it's gorgeous and really authentic and better than the local indian lol.

nfh1, Sep 28, 10:37am
It was you sleyle, I saved the site when you recommended it, thinking I would order and then I forgot!The site and product just looks fantastic!Thank you!

sleyle, Sep 28, 10:39am
You are most welcome!I see they do a Morrocan Lamb spice too now which I must try out as they seem to know their spices :-)

nfh1, Sep 28, 10:43am
is the Morrocan lamb on a different site?

sleyle, Sep 28, 8:28pm
I found it on their sister site:

http://www.myspicemix.com/#

cheese-mike, Sep 28, 10:14pm
I like the watteis one in a can :)
I don't remember which one it is as they have 2, but it is the one that says 'new'

I also like one that comes in a jar, it is called spicy butter chicken, I think its Pataks?

trader125, Sep 29, 7:36am
maggis buter chicken sachet , or watties purple can are the very best u can get from the supermarket

nfh1, Sep 29, 7:48am
so it is - thanks very much!

carolyn20, Sep 29, 7:43pm
Thanks nfh1 and sleyle for this info, interested to try out so I have put an order through.

stormbaby, Oct 1, 10:29am
I used the Tandoori Palace one tonight and it was really nice.

sleyle, Oct 1, 10:58am
I used the Maggi one tonight and it is not as nice or authentic as the one from the butter chicken website.They are still no. 1!

natalie9, Oct 2, 10:28am
sandra22 sells the Butter Chicken spice mix on here. Is seriously good!

sleyle, Oct 2, 9:18pm
Sandra22 is the lady from the website I posted :-)

purplekiwifish, Oct 2, 10:09pm
http://mels.net.nz/ Mels is the best.We don't buy anything else.She's lovely too : )

motorbo, Oct 2, 11:23pm
years ago when my son was at home we used to buy the packet stuff and make it, then i tried a recipe out of a cookbook and managed to make it yummy without cream was so much healthier

karenz, Oct 3, 3:24am
This is a lot more fiddly in that you add your own fresh ingredients like butter, cream, tomato puree, ginger, garlic and yogurt but the SPICE N EASY range tastes amazing, the best I have ever tried and that includes restaurants, it has 6 little packets of spices and you cook in stages but it is really worth the effort.They also do a Korma which is just as nice.I bought it at Countdown.

fee1965, Oct 3, 4:36am
Fully agree with the spice n easy packs, all their curries are fabulous, so authentic.

millm, Nov 2, 6:13am

millm, Nov 2, 6:15am
opps meant myspicemix.co.nz !!

darlingmole, Nov 2, 6:53am
I TOTALLY agree~!Just bought 8 packets (well there's a few of us to feed) and it's a bargain, so tasty, and ridiculously easy to make!The aroma in the home is so good ... the kids ask if I've bought the "real" stuff from the local indian!

paul523, Sep 28, 4:02am
What is the best brand of butter chicken sauce from the supermarket! and ive heard adding cream will make it yummier!