Old Alison Holst Potato Recipe

lennonlass, Sep 27, 2:41am
Paprika potatoes I think it was called - cubed and placed in a bag with stuff. It was in one of her old books - be great if anybody has this. Thanks

245sam, Sep 27, 2:59am
lennonlass, can you help with some clues as to which of Alison's books this recipe is in?I have most of Alison's books and it sure would help if I knew which book I should be looking at/in.:-))

lynnea1, Sep 27, 3:43am
Is this the one? Golden Potatoes (2 servings) 2 medium sized potatoes, 1 Tbsp Flour, 1tsp Salt, 1tsp Paprika, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp butter or oil. Preheat browning dish for 6 minutes.Scrub or peel potatoes.Cut into small (1cm cubes)Shake in plastic bag with the next four ingredients to coat evenly.Add butter to heated browning dish.Quickly spread coated potatoes on hot buttered surface. Microwave at full power for 3 minutes.Turn.Cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until tender.This is from a Alison Holst Book.

lennonlass, Sep 27, 4:04am
That sounds like it. I think it was in a series she did - one was a red book book - the other green. Sorry can't be more specfic. Thanks

jag5, Sep 27, 4:21am
Red book.......IMHO it is still the BEST book.Very hard to come by as those that have them, hang onto them.

I lent mine to my daughter a few years ago, and she was refusing to give it back.So I did eventually find her one so I got mine back LOL

lynnea1, Sep 27, 4:24am
The recipe I gave above came out of her Red Book.

lennonlass, Sep 27, 4:36am
Thank you lynnea1 - it was my daughter who wanted me to look it up as she remembers me making it years ago. I am off to make it for dinner now. cheers all

unknowndisorder, Sep 27, 6:08am
Spotted at the Warehouse was Alison & Simon's Potato book - $5. Thought about buying it, but decided against it.

lennonlass, Apr 19, 11:51pm
Will look for that one. Thanks