Easy pork belly recipes please ...

tilane, Aug 28, 9:09am
I have never cooked this before so i'm looking for really simple recipes .... thank you.

beblowin, Aug 28, 9:23am
stuff the belly with stuffing and roll it up, sring it up and roast n the oven, this is know as a rolled roast, or you can cube itand stew or casarole it.

baxter17, Aug 29, 4:02am
x1
A realy nice way for pork belly is to stuff it with chopped onion, sliced apple, pine nuts,sage and fresh bread crumbs roll it up and tie with string then roast

lee_bielski, Sep 26, 7:54pm
or in slow cooker with a parsley topping and the served with a nice jus.

lee_bielski, Sep 26, 7:55pm
I find that you you check out ur fav resturants menu on their webiste you can create a lovely meal easy as.

beaker59, Sep 26, 8:37pm
I lay it flat on a rack in the roasting dish and roast on 200 fan bake for half an hour then turn down to 150 for another half hour. I score and salt the skin and also marinate sometimes in soy honey garlic ginger mix (wipe the skin side dry if you do that) very nice hot or cold but particularly nice sliced thinly and served cold with a nice salad.

For a budget version buy a pigs head and cut the meat off the sides and chin areas and do the same. Sometimes I can buy a head for about 3-5$ and get nearly a Kg of meat off it plus lots of other bone meat etc to make a soup stock.

donnabeth, Sep 26, 9:39pm
Gordon Ramsay did a very nice recipe a couple of years ago. I followed it on Youtube.

Pork belly used to be cheap untill it became popular. Now it's $16KG on special, so I never buy it. I also love to roast a pigs head and make soup from the bones. Yum.

gardie, Sep 26, 10:23pm
We're having crispy pork belly - Annabel Langbein's - tonight - yum - can't wait - never tried making it before though.

hollis6, Sep 26, 10:35pm
It's not everyday you kill a pig and give the belly to the poor.

jag5, Sep 26, 11:44pm
We have Hugh Fearnley whatsit's (sorry Hugh LOL) River Cottage Meat Book:from that we make his Pancetta using the belly.Very easy, and very yummy.

The Asians do a very nice belly, Crispy something, which I do intend to try one day.

As for pigs heads....we always asked the butcher for the cheeks back.Best meat off the pig.Sweet, tender .....there are no muscles in it, so very tender meat.And a lot too.

ttwisty, Sep 27, 12:23am
x1
annabel langbein made a simple easy recipe for pork belly

dbab, Sep 27, 3:04am
gardie, we are having it too. i am really looking forward to it.

I have signed up for the Paper Plus VIP card, and when you do, you get an email with a voucher for 35% off any one book. Today I went in and bought Annabel Langbein's book for $38 instead of the normal retail price of $60.
I'm so please with my deal. I love her cooking show as the recipes seem to be very down to earth and easy for us home cooks.
I can't wait to sit down later and have a good read through the book.

meegs35, Sep 27, 3:18am
Pleas let me know how Annabel Langbeing recipe turnedout. I also have some pork belly in the freezer was thought I would do it her way too with that lovely red pepper pesto. Actually the whole menu appealed...

marlin9, Sep 27, 7:53am
Bumping to see how Annabel Langbeins Pork Belly turned out as I have one in the freezer as well and thinking of making it.

dbab, Apr 21, 9:00am
The pork belly was soooooo tender and very tasty.

A tip ;
I heated the milk before I poured it into the dish as I thought cold milk would probably crack my glass dish.