Biscuit forcer for shaping biscuits

wildflower, Sep 22, 4:33am
My grandmother had a metal one that had different shaped plates in it for different shaped biscuits.I thought I'd been given it when she died but I can't find it and it would have meant too much to be to loose.Does anyone know if you can still buy these?

huntlygirl, Sep 22, 4:52am
I have a Kambrook one from Noel Leemings and it is awesome they are about $25.

bunny51, Sep 22, 5:18am
I got one from a kitchen shop. I thik Stevens may sell them too, and I think I have seen them on here.

twelve12, Sep 22, 7:13am
search biscuit press, there are 2 kinds :)

gr8stuf4me, Sep 25, 9:47am
Hi wildflower, I have an old fashioned sawa metal biscuit forcer with all the different plates with it for making biscuits and I love it to bits.I bought mine here on trade me - it was second hand but in excellent order with all its bits and instructions.So keep an eye out on here as you can pick them up.Hope this helps you find one like your grandmothers.

cookessentials, Sep 25, 7:02pm
The two metal ones available are the Italian Marcato which is up there price wise, but it is a goodie. The "Shule" is very similar in style and cheaper.

skippie1, Sep 25, 8:01pm
x1
cookessentials, I have a biscuit forcer, but the dough seems to stick to the forcer and i am unable to make individual cookies, what is the trick. Thanks

wildflower, Sep 26, 2:55am
Thanks for your suggestions everyone:)

winnie15, Sep 26, 3:06am
is there a special recipe you have to stick to for the forcer?

winnie15, Sep 26, 3:14am

cookessentials, Sep 26, 5:06am
You need a reasonably stiff dough which will hold it's shape well.

cookiemuma1, Sep 26, 10:34am
Thanks for the link I have also had problems in the past with getting the dough right so will try some of those recipes.Sometimes you can pick up the cookie press's at op shops as well as they tend to become victims of spring clean outs when aren't used.

duckmoon, Sep 26, 10:42am
I have one which I purchased at the school fair.

wildflower, Sep 27, 3:19am
My nana used to make these chocolate cream biscuits that were in the old Edmonds book, they were my favourite as a kid and I know I've made them but starting to think I only borrowed the forcer off her and gave it back.I sure I could just cut out shapes but wouldn't be the same ;)

ifonly, Sep 27, 8:02am
You can get one of the biscuit makers at your local New World.If there is not one on the shelf, ask them to get one in.Really good price too.

wildflower, Sep 28, 3:11am
Thanks ifonly!

letitia, Sep 28, 3:32am
My mother had one of those which I loved using when I was a child, but I don't know what happened to it.
To make a fancy pattern in biscuits, I have always used a cotton reel (the plastic ones with a sort of 'wheel' pattern on the end) to press on to the biscuits on the tray before putting them in the oven.Not quite the same thing as a biscuit press, I know, but I just thought someone might like to try this idea.

jenny, 14 hours, 12 minutes
I just bought one at Pak N Save Glenfield - $10.00!