New ideas for husbands lunches............

kmm123, Sep 22, 2:16am
he gets sick of sandwiches but has no facilities at work to heat anything up...................

pickles7, Sep 22, 2:33am
Entice him home for lunch.

purplegoanna, Sep 22, 2:38am
crikey No dont do that.....we both go home for our lunch and its gone from make your own sammies to me making a la carte hot lunches! while he sits and waits......now most of my lunch is taken up cooking his.....

phalo, Sep 22, 2:43am
Rice paper rolls with stir fried tofu grated carrot sprouts and spring onion. serve with dipping sauce. I make them and cover with glad wrap. I stir fried the tofu with ginger garlic and chilli sauce.

245sam, Sep 22, 2:45am
a few easy thoughts kmm123.....muffins (savoury or sweet), scones (savoury or sweet - pinwheel type for a change), wraps, filled pita bread, and my DH thinks that self-crusting quiche is just as nicecold as when it is served warm.
Now that we're into spring and warmer weather should be with us for a few months, presumably your DH will be preferring a cold rather than hot/warmed lunch but how about before next winter you get him a food flask?and then he could have pre-warmed soup, leftover casserole, stew, etc.

Hope these thoughts help.:-))

mackenzie2, Sep 22, 2:47am
Buy a food thermos, you can send soups, cassoroles, savoloys etc. Cold options, stuffed sausages, mouse traps, cheese rolls, pizza, cold meat and salad with chutney in reusable container,

mackenzie2, Sep 22, 2:48am
HaHa I was watching TV so was slow in typing, looks like I copied your ideas.......

theanimal1, Sep 22, 3:25am
mmmmm cold bacon and egg pie, with onions, cheese, minted peas mmmmoh and i sometimes put in corn kernals

lookin4adeal, Sep 22, 4:49am
Sometimes my husband and kids take the vita wheat crackers as they are quite healthy and hardy and then a tin of chili tuna/tomato and basil tuna or whatever he likes, can do slices of tomato, pickles, hummus, cheese etc just a little different and very easy.

filly6, Sep 22, 9:10am
my husband makes his own lunches... I just have to make sure there is ingredients etc for whateva he makes...(has made them himself from the time we met....(14 years ago)

kob, Sep 22, 6:55pm
get some flour wraps and instead of making a sandwich just use the wraps, i like to do different things in my hubby lunch box cause he has to eat out of it ALL DAY LONG, get little containers like the tupperware jello moulds and you can do things like add nuts and raison, dried apricot, cheese spread and send little snax crackers along with it or carrots or celery to dip inn, if you have got a pir maker make some pies and just cut in half always a good popular man food, if you dont have one borrow one from a friend and stock the freezer up or use your flybuys points they are a cheap as, can make savoury or sweet fillings or just t leftovers like i do....bread cases done in the oven thn filled with creamed corn cheese onion and tomato more grated cheese and baked, or asparaus and white sauce, just make it a game and be creative he will let you know if he doesnt like it, YOU KNOW HE WILL

lynja, Apr 9, 5:45pm
my husband has started taking those little tins of flavoured tuna and crackers due to recommendation for lowering cholesterol. big muffins are good too (prob not for the cholesterol though!!!)