Lamb Loin chops..how to cook them?

winnie15, Sep 20, 6:29am
What is a good method to cook these? i pan fried some tonight for about 25 mins and they were tough and still not cooked through. They're too expensive to mess up .. how do i cook them next time?
TIA

lythande1, Sep 20, 6:31am
Fried??!!
Ingredients:

* 8 lamb loin chops
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
* 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* zest of 1 lemon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:
Combine olive oil, thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip lamb chops into mixture to coat evenly. Cover chops and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Place lamb chops on grill over a medium high heat. Grill about 5 minutes per side. Chops should be browned on both sides.

Spring Lamb Loin Chops with Pepper Sauce
1 tbspFinely Chopped Green, Red, Yellow and Black Pepper15 ml
1 tspFinely Chopped Jalapeno Pepper15 ml
8New Zealand Lamb Loin Chops8
Freshly Ground Pepper
1/2 cupWhite Wine Vinegar50 ml
2Shallots, Finely Chopped or Green Onions2
1/2 tspDried Basil2 ml
1/2 tspGrated Orange Rind2 ml
4 ozChilled Unsalted Butter125 g

Lightly sauté peppers in butter. Set aside and keep warm. Dry chops well. Sprinkle well with pepper. Grill or broil until just pink. Heat wine vinegar, white wine, shallots, basil and orange rind in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 3 tbsp. Whisk in butter, a bit at a time, until sauce is smooth and creamy. Season to taste. Place two chops centered on each plate. Spoon sauce around chops and sprinkle with peppers. Garnish chops with a sprig of mint.

lcl2, Sep 20, 6:31am
x1
You can pan fry them but hell not for 25 mins that is why they were tough.Cook them quickly until they are just cooked and still slightly pink in the middle but not bleeding.A bit like a med steak.4-5 mins on each sid should be enough depending on the thickness

erewhon04, Sep 20, 6:35am
I'm a sheep farmer and we eat lots of chops!I think they are best grilled in the oven, straight under a hot grill, for around 10 minutes.They are annoyingly expensive (and trust me, the grower isn't making money from them!) but seriously good.Better luck next time!

ferrit47, Apr 15, 4:11am
In the Oven 4 a start might help !!!