Why is my lemon honey lemon runny?????

witche, Sep 20, 12:27am
I don't know what I have done wrong it just wont go thick anyone have any ideas why

245sam, Sep 20, 12:35am
witche, have you only just made your lemon honey?It does thicken as it cools, however would you like to share your recipe and maybe that will help shed some light as to what, if anything, you've done wrong or maybe if the recipe has a fault - is it a recipe that you've successfully used previously?:-))

theanimal1, Sep 20, 12:37am
mmmmmmm lemon honey mmm

witche, Sep 20, 12:57am
Its the recipe out of the edmonds book and yep I have used it b4 with success and its still warm so maybe it will thicken but last time I made it it thickened heaps while it was still hot so I dunno

cookessentials, Sep 20, 1:48am
When you make it, it should coat the back of a spoon,so if yours did that, itshould set as it cools. If not, then it has not been heated for long enough.

daleaway, Sep 20, 2:07am
Just a thought - it is an emulsion so the fat/acid ratio has to be right.
Maybe your butter had a higher water content than usual?
Does your recipe have egg whites in it or only yolks?

245sam, Sep 20, 2:10am
Another thought - the size of your eggs - were the eggs you used smaller than those you usually use?:-))

pickles7, Sep 20, 2:13am
wrong lemons used.

books4nz, Sep 20, 2:58am
Any lemons will make lemon honey - I made the same recipe recently #1 - have made it many times - I use meyer lemons - the eggs I used were smaller so ended up using two more.

red2, Sep 20, 3:12am
will probably firm up once cooled

elliehen, Apr 2, 4:54pm
Just don't accidentally use lemons from your Lemonade tree - it will be insipid, with no sharpness.