Anyone know a good **CHICKEN PIE** recipe

ljhm, Sep 19, 11:23pm
need good easy recipe plez :)

marcs, Sep 20, 12:10am
in the edmonds book under Family chicken pie.

cgvl, Sep 20, 2:17am
are you using left over roast chicken?
If so I chop an onion fine, add mixed vegies, garlic if liked, 1tbsp of flour or cornflour and 1 cup of chicken stock to the meat, salt and pepper to taste. you can heat all this up and thicken it first before putting into the pastry.
Put all into a pastry lined deep dish, cover with a pastry top or use pompom potatoes or mashed and bake for about an hour at 180C.
I sometimes leave off the pastry bottom.
Also Food in a minutes website has one using tomato or pumpkin sooup thats nice.

sooseque, Sep 20, 8:37am
x1
CHICKEN PIE WITH HERB TOPPING
50grams bacon
50“mushrooms, sliced
*1 cooked chicken
2 carrots cooked and sliced
300mls chicken stock
1 tablespoon cornflour
salt & pepper
175grams self raising flour
75 grams butter
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
cold water to mix

Fry the bacon in a fairly large pan until the fat runs, add the mushrooms and fry until softened.Add the chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces, add the carrots and stock.Mix the cornflour with a little of the stock then return it to the pan.Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.Season with salt and pepper.Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish.Sift the self-raising flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.Stir in the parsley and a pinch of salt then enough cold water to make a soft dough.Roll out the dough to fit the dish and place it on the chicken mixture.Mark with a knife to make a diamond pattern.Bake in a hot oven 200C15-20min until well risen and golden.
*Use around a size 16 chicken or say 2 x 14 for a crowd and double topping.I usually boil chicken first with a few herbs/seasoning

chicco2, Sep 20, 11:11am
Oil for frying
2 large skinless chicken breast, diced or 500g chicken mince
1 onion - chopped
300g bacon - chopped
3Tbsps flour
1/2cup milk
1/2cup cream
1Tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/2Tbsp dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
A packet of flaky pastry
Milk to glaze
Make the filling by heating a little oil in a frying pan.
Add chicken, bacon and onion and brown.
Add the flour and cook stirring constantly for 1 min.
Add the milk, cream and thyme and cook stirring until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens.
Line the base of the tin with pastry sheet allowing a little to overhang.
Spoon the filling in to fill the pastry case.
Brush the edges of the base with milk and apply top pastry.
Press the top onto the bottom using the fork and then trim excess pastry.
Brush pastry surface with milk.
Bake in an oven preheated to 200C for 35mins or until pastry is golden brown

This Chicken and Bacon Pie is the best I have ever made and everyone else hereagrees.

jag5, Sep 20, 10:22pm
Google Nigella Lawsons Chicken Pot Pie....Absolutely scrummy and very easy indeed.

dragonzflame, Sep 20, 10:56pm
My mum used to do a nice one with chicken, mushroom, bacon, and tarragon. I don't eat chicken or bacon anymore so I don't know the full recipe, but I know it involved white wine and was a relatively dry filling (as opposed to a gravy).

tonsta2, Sep 20, 11:06pm
x1
When we have a roast, i just mash up all the left over roast potatoes and pumpkin/kumara, add chicken and flavouring, and the left over gravy (or left over cheese sauce from broccoli/cauli), pop into individual ramekins, and put pastry on the top. YUM

beebs, Sep 21, 11:17pm
i usually base it on the roast too.......chopped up chicken and vege, mixed with the leftover roast gravy (and anything you want to add) and put in in pastry

mackenzie2, Sep 22, 2:50am
My current favourite, is fry onions and mushrooms in butter, add to chopped cooked chicken, add 2 Tbsp sundried tomato and olive chutney and a tub of cream cheese, stir all together, Put into a oven proof container, then scrunch up filo pastry and put on top, lightly butter, then bake till hot 20 min.... Yum

fendi3, Sep 22, 8:58am
Google Delia Smiths website and search for chicken and leek pie which does take a bit of effort but is absolutely delicious!

smileeah, Apr 9, 12:07pm
A bit of a cheats version but...fry onion and garlic, add cooked chicken, a can of condensed chicken soup, parsley and whatever else you want (cooked carrot, cauliflower, corn etc). Stir in 2 T sour cream before pouring into pastry. From a Food in a Minute cookbook I think. We enjoy it.